what a difference brands make ! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what a difference brands make !

mechanic021

Reaction score
hey guys this may sound stupid but I am amazed how the quality of sound can be just by switching to a name brand amp and speakers. I have a dodge ram and orginally had a 10inch pioneer subwoofer powered by a lighting bolt amp and just pioneer 3 ways door speakers. I just switched to a MTX thunder 3401 amp for my sub and put infinity refrence components in the doors and I was blown away at the difference in sound quality. My sub never sounded better ! The components sound very full and rich to alot better then just having 3 ways in the doors.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea, i was like that 2 years ago when i first got into cars. i was buying pioneer (i still do for the truck) stuff cause it was cheap, then this year i decided to buy all infinity stuff for my 05 elantra sounded WAY better. then about a month ago i bought all JL audio stuff. 12w3v2, JL component speakers, jl 1.1000 amp. and an eclipse head unit. sound about i think JL sounds about 10 times better than infinity. but thats just my opinion.

I have heard just about all the major brands of car audio from MTX to Focal to JL to the fleamarket stuff(read crap) I personaly like my JL Audio. JL Audio took me to a USACi Sound quility world championship in 2002.

Tim

I was the same way, back when I didn't know anything about audio I had a JVC headunit, pioneer 4-way door coaxial speakers, and an Audiobahn sub. Now I have an all active system with an Eclipse headunit, Eclipse amplifiers, and Seas and LPG drivers.

Personally I use all Pioneer speakers and amps with a Sony head unit. The only reason I have the Sony is because I love the all blacked out look. I Love how the Pioneers sound! Yeah they are cheeper in cost. But I've heard an all Inifity system and wasnt that impressed. Especially for the cost. Cost is a big consideration for me so for bang for the buck I'll stick with my Pioneers.

Back