What about Suburu style fog lights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What about Suburu style fog lights?

You know how the new Suburus have those huge lights on the bumpers. What if you but some in the 99+ housings. Probally have to trim some.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

trim alot is more like it. the stock ones are only 2 or 3 inches wide. the suburu wrx style, are probalby the size of the piaa 520s. they are at least 3 or 4 inches wide..

if you can do it.. go for it.. id like to see this work

I think the Subaru lights are at least 4" in diameter, the Explorer lamps are about 2".

Though I could be wrong.

It would almost be like custom fabbing a bumper like MattAdams, right?

finished1.jpg

after.jpg

Some pics for reference.

Matt didn't fab a new bumper to accomadate the lights. That bumper is made by PIAA, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, they only made them for the F-series trucks and the Expedition.

Then is should work!

If you look at the housing on 99+ it's widedest point is about 4". So they'll stic out a little..

Originally posted by '96explorereddiebauer
Matt didn't fab a new bumper to accomadate the lights. That bumper is made by PIAA, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, they only made them for the F-series trucks and the Expedition.

Yeah he bought that, I just posted those pics to figure if that is what he was talking about. I also belive that it was a PIAA airdam (as are most lighting things on his truck). Sorry about my poor explination.

Stic-0 are you going to try it?

Yes and No?

Money is a factor! If I can find some lights simmler that are cheap yes I will! I can't afford to go buy PIAA's

No gonna work!!

I saw a new brat today (or whatever they call it!) Busted out the tape and messured the lights. There 6"! This could be a problem!:rolleyes: I saw some Hella 500 at pep boys but they were like 60 bucks! (not bad really) Can't afford them right now though. We'll see what happens.

Back