What about this? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What about this?

Ok since the stock tranny is a POS, I'm thinking this right here..... C5/kluneV/BW1350.... how does this sound? Anyone out there running this setup? Or maybe C5/Torque Splitter/BW1350.... wonder which would give lower crawl??? Anyone running this setup? Thanks fellas.:D

The Klune-V won't bolt up to a stock C5.

You would have to put the outputshaft and 4wd adapter from a C4 in/on it. They don't make an adapter to the 1350 (POS anyhow) either. I doubt the 1350 would last long in that setup.

Either go C5-Atlas2 (roughly the same cost as a Klune-V)

OR

Get a C5 bellhousing and put the C4 behind it. Then get the Klune-V and put the Early Bronco D20 behind it.

OR

Get the C4 output shaft and 4wd adapter, get them installed, then get the Klune-V, then have it mated to a D20 t-case (found in Early Broncos).

The last two would be more expensive, but with a better crawl than a 4.3:1 Atlas 2. However, unless you are going to have the suspension to warrent having such a low crawl, there really isn't a point.

Thanks Cory, That is exactly what I was looking for.... By the way how is your Build up going? What are you going to run, as far as Tranny and T-case? Thanks again.
:D

Back