• Register Today It's free!

What amp for 2 type r 12's

OGWhiteRob216

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
Should i get the ALPINE MRP-M1000 amp, or is there something better for the price? the subs are 2 ohm each 500 rms.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Should i get the ALPINE MRP-M1000 amp, or is there something better for the price? the subs are 2 ohm each 500 rms.

What are you going for? Quality or Volume?

I've seen a lot of people starting using the Kicker ZX750.1. It's rated at 750, but a lot of them will put out close to 900 max. Example, my buddy has one, and the test sheet says it maxed out at 880 on the test bench from Kicker.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=120&i=206ZX7501&tp=115

The Alpine looks good also, so I'd say either the Alpine or the Kicker, and you'll be in great shape.

Good luck! Let's see some picks when you install.

i say go with the alpine pdx-1.1000. its a great amp that puts out 1000 clean watts. its also digital so the ohm load makes no difference in the amount of wattage it puts out.

What are you going for? Quality or Volume?

I've seen a lot of people starting using the Kicker ZX750.1. It's rated at 750, but a lot of them will put out close to 900 max. Example, my buddy has one, and the test sheet says it maxed out at 880 on the test bench from Kicker.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=120&i=206ZX7501&tp=115

The Alpine looks good also, so I'd say either the Alpine or the Kicker, and you'll be in great shape.

Good luck! Let's see some picks when you install.

I think im gonna keep it alpine, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a "must buy amp"out there. i will take pics, i bought my truck for $900 raised it 2 inches, basicly got free 31's on rims after selling the stock rims with tires. did the interior black... got gps, once this stereo is hooked up, im going to leave alone, untill i either paint black or orange, or raise it another 3 inches... it may be the nicest truck on here under $2,000 total, it runs like a champ, just had to replace bearing when i bought. and i cant wait to hear this type R system when its all hooked up/

i say go with the alpine pdx-1.1000. its a great amp that puts out 1000 clean watts. its also digital so the ohm load makes no difference in the amount of wattage it puts out.

The amp being digital has nothing to do with the power output at varying loads.

just curious. With the pdx series amps... i was looking at them and how the heII can you tune them? Are the nobs hidden somewhere?

just curious. With the pdx series amps... i was looking at them and how the heII can you tune them? Are the nobs hidden somewhere?

yea there is a face place covering the knobs. it is held in place with a small screw. just undo the screw the plate comes off and there they are.

im using a cadence txa1000d wired at 1 ohm

Help

I ordered the mrp-1000, it's a 1 channel amp... rms is 1000x1 at 2 ohms, 600x1 at 4 ohms, My subs are 2 ohms, I can hook the 2 subs up and will be getting 500 watts to each right???? AND WHICH WAY AM I SUPPOSE TO WIRE THEM? :navajo:

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Thanks, almost done!!!

OK FELLAS THE SYSTEM IS BOUGHT!!! now i need to get it hooked up, heres the set up one more time

-ALPINE 9886 cd player
-ALPINE MRP M1000 AMP
-2 ALPINE TYPE R 1222D 12's.in a 28L X 15H X 12W sealed box
-JL AUDIO 300/4 AMP
-2 ALPINE SPR-17S TYPE R COMPONENT 6.5's + TWEETERS
-2 ALPINE SPR-17C TYPE R 2 WAY COAXIAL 6.5's

i got the sub diagram from aznboi, how should i go about wiring the door speakers to the jl amp,? my friends gonna help, i just wanna make sure i can get this done with out taking it to bestbuy, and could use some help to make sure we do this right. how should i go about tuning the crossover and filters/gain on the amps????? is it easy to tune to get max performance? ? and if it;s not a problem can someone double check my sealed box specs to make sure it's ideal for the subs. please help me get this done fellas.

thanks, you guys had a lot of influence on my choices!!!!

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,031

Type R's sound like crap in a sealed box. I destroyed my friend's two Type R sealed both in output, low frequency response, and sound quality with a single R in a t-line.

Your enclosure now is less than 1 cubic foot per sub if the sides of the enclosure are not recessed and the material is 3/4". Enjoy the crappy low end of the Type R's in a sealed enclosure. They spec towards ported.

I would recommend building your own custom enclosure...we can help with the design.

I would run new wiring to the components...the rears you can tap into the factory wiring.

If you don't know how to set up the amp you could very well damage your equipment in a heartbeat.

JL Audio has a gain tutorial on their website.

ported.... those subs gotta BREATH!!!! I laughed when i heard one sealed....... Could barly hear it. Threw one in a bigger ported box and it dang near quakes and im under powering one.

ported.... those subs gotta BREATH!!!! I laughed when i heard one sealed....... Could barly hear it. Threw one in a bigger ported box and it dang near quakes and im under powering one.

Thats funny... lol.... i guess i need a new box then. I could barley make a shelf out of 2x4's for my Ps3, cable box and surround sound receiver, so i doubt i can make a box, I have a couple audio shops by my house, do they make custom box's? what should i do and what specs/ how should the box be made? Will a sealed box damage the subs?

no...sealed wont damage the subs...they spec toward vented. Low end with the R's sealed blows big time

I bought a box at a pawn shop recently, it was 20 dollars. It's a ported box for dual 12's. If you want I can try and get a tape measure and get the dimensions, or at least get some pictures for you.

edit: dual as in like 2 12's, not the brand dual... it's a ported box btw. i'm having to clean it up a little bit, but it looks and feel pretty solid.

I would recommend between 2.5-3 cubic feet net per Type R 12 ported...tuning can varying depending on your taste in music

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would recommend between 2.5-3 cubic feet net per Type R 12 ported...tuning can varying depending on your taste in music
:navajo::navajo::navajo::navajo::navajo::navajo::navajo::navajo:
I finally had the time to start the install today, got the fronts hooked up and subs wired, will finish rears and tweeters 2marow. With the volume at 22 that **** sounds breath taking, AND IT'S JUST THE 2 FRONTS WITH THE SEALED TYPE R'S... I can tell it needs a ported box, but the subs still sound good. I will get a new box.... but i still need to know what box I need!!! LxWxH ect.... i can have my local shop make, i'll spend $100+ thats cool... I already love my new **** and its only at about 80% of it's potential.... If you like your music... buy some good components and a decent amp for them! its a no brainer....

BUT PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT HOW TO GO ABOUT GETTING THIS BOX FOR THE TYPE R"s, IS IT ANY MORE SPECIFIC THAN BETWEEN 2.5-3ft???? I WANNA DO THIS RIGHT!!!

Back