What are the best aftermarket headlights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What are the best aftermarket headlights?

I need some help on deciding what would be the best(in your opinion) headlights for my 1997 Ford Explorer? mine are wayyy to foggy, I have cleaned them and everything, I just think they are shot, ready to get some new ones. anyone have any input?

replacement headlights

check on ebay.com under you year and model. you should get a wide selection to choose from at reasonable prices. only deal with reputable sellers though

Diamond cut headlights and corners. Retrofitted Morimoto projectors with HID lighting. This is the best overall option, IMHO. I reviewed my setup in the EF reviews section. Other threads in the archives too.

My '99 has the same heads as your '97. I've used premium halogens (Silverstars), three different HID setups without projectors (including two so called Bi-Xenon setups) and those eBay one piece projectors.

Halogens do not touch HID for brightness. Straight HID throws lots of glare and have uneven, unfocused light (albeit bright). Expect LOTS of people to flash you if you don't take time to aim them. The one piece projector headlights have a much better beam and are bright, but I think they look ugly on our trucks and the wiring is cheap and the lights don't fit right, IMHO.

I have the Morimoto setup now. I'm currently in Wisconsin, having traveled 1,500 miles over two days, both days pushing off at 4 AM. I'm doing the return trip on Monday morning. While the setup usn't as refined as an OEM setup in a BMW or a Lexus, it is damn good and the lighting is fantastic.

I recommend that option. A bit more costly than other options and takes more work, but the results are worth it. As before, search the archives to learn more on the options I've listed above.

Click Dead Link Removed for my review.

Diamond cut headlights and corners. Retrofitted Morimoto projectors with HID lighting. This is the best overall option, IMHO. I reviewed my setup in the EF reviews section. Other threads in the archives too.

My '99 has the same heads as your '97. I've used premium halogens (Silverstars), three different HID setups without projectors (including two so called Bi-Xenon setups) and those eBay one piece projectors.

Halogens do not touch HID for brightness. Straight HID throws lots of glare and have uneven, unfocused light (albeit bright). Expect LOTS of people to flash you if you don't take time to aim them. The one piece projector headlights have a much better beam and are bright, but I think they look ugly on our trucks and the wiring is cheap and the lights don't fit right, IMHO.

I have the Morimoto setup now. I'm currently in Wisconsin, having traveled 1,500 miles over two days, both days pushing off at 4 AM. I'm doing the return trip on Monday morning. While the setup usn't as refined as an OEM setup in a BMW or a Lexus, it is damn good and the lighting is fantastic.

I recommend that option. A bit more costly than other options and takes more work, but the results are worth it. As before, search the archives to learn more on the options I've listed above.

Click Dead Link Removed for my review.

Thanks a lot, that helps out

Back