What are the center console options for this 2015? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What are the center console options for this 2015?

atikovi

Reaction score
City, State
Mclean VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
Just picked up this PIU which is missing everything above the baseplate. Any reasonably priced bolt on console for this? Used is even better if the price is right.

IMG_8490.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Of course the price is far, far better for used.

Go to a junkyard, pull what you need, pay pennies on the dollar. However that may not be the stock "baseplate", so I'd pull it off then see what you have to work with from the floor pan up to possibly avoid making a second trip to the junkyard.

Of course the price is far, far better for used.

Go to a junkyard, pull what you need, pay pennies on the dollar. However that may not be the stock "baseplate", so I'd pull it off then see what you have to work with from the floor pan up to possibly avoid making a second trip to the junkyard.
Few upull junk yards have late model trucks letalone a PIU.

Reminds me of where I started, so my thoughts.... Good idea to start by looking under that baseplate, 1st to verify mounting, and 2nd to identify unused wiring. Much of that wiring you may no longer need/want, so simplify things and get rid of it. You may even find, that the channel leading to the backseat is unneeded. Then start looking on Ebay for the OEM consoles, if you can not find local source, but if not mistaken 2011-15 consoles should all fit.

Few upull junk yards have late model trucks letalone a PIU.
You only need one. From any model not a PIU, if you get all the parts needed and remove what you don't need.

Back