What are the different versions of mft? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What are the different versions of mft?

SilverSwagSurfer

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer
I have a 2012 explorer xlt it has mft with voice activated nav but the map looks as cheesy as all get out lol , but yet I see pictures of people's nav screens lookin all luxurious with building displays and the map looks more advanced did I miss something here and I have audio video inputs but can't play while driving who sits in there parked car to watch a movie and waste gas using the ac... I'm in Texas "wtf mate"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've seen 2.4, 2.7, 2.8, 2.11, and now the newest version is 3.0.2 (also known as the "Performance Upgrade"). The 3.0.2 is the one that Ford sent out the USB's with the updates and new navigation SD cards (version A3). If you didn't get the update in the mail, log on to Syncmyride.com to see that you are eligible to get the upgrade through the mail, or you can call the IVT (In Vehicle Technology) customer service line and I am sure that they can look up what you need using your VIN#.

Well I was digging around I purchased my explorer after the update I asked them about it they said they upgraded all the vehicles how do u check to see if it has already been done that way I know they were not just being lazy?

Well I was digging around I purchased my explorer after the update I asked them about it they said they upgraded all the vehicles how do u check to see if it has already been done that way I know they were not just being lazy?

Here are pictures of the "Climate" quadrant activated:

It will look like this if you have any of the previous versions

myford-touch-climate-display-photo-341366-s-1280x782.jpg

It will look like this if you have the latest update

MyFordTouch-fix.jpg

And here, they did the work for me, lol

myford-2-comparo.jpg

Yeah I guess I do have a the update what about the map how do I get it to show the buildings and street view style on the nav is there a diff nav sd disk I need to buy or something like a step up ?

Nah, nothing to buy. You have the new map SD, or your Nav wouldn't be working at all.

I think the buildings only show up in the 3D view, and even then, only certain, larger or more important buildings show up. I'm not sure in what part of Texas you are, but here in Houston, the Museum of Natural Science is one of the 3D buildings.

The MFT instruction manual will be able to show you how to change views. You can find it and download it from HERE :)

Happy hunting.

Back