What are the parts I need for replacing this | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What are the parts I need for replacing this

Juice0723

Reaction score
I need to replace the radius arms and all that under the transmission pan on my 94 explorer. Cause it's all twisted from offroading. Like the thing in the middle there is 4 bolts, I'm guessing that's a part of the radius arms as well? It's twisted straight across and I need to replace all of that. I'm looking to buy everything from rockauto.com

What do I need to replace all of it?

my guess is Radius Arm Brackets both sides. Radius Arm Bushing Frt Susp; Kit. guess it comes with both sides?. Is the Chassis Hardware / Bracket same as radious arm brackets? Radius Arm Heat Shield? Radius Arm Insulator?

I'm a noob to mechanics so just help me out haha.

U can just give me a list of part numbers I need. I'm going to go with all the best parts they have. So it looks like brand name Moog.

Anything else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brackets: Moog K8778 or raybestos 5766001 Right side

Moog K9947 or raybestos 5766007 left side
The Raybestos comes with hardware.. you see, the original Brackets are Riveted on. So if the rivets were never replaced by Nuts and Bolts, you will need to get hardware for the Moog Brackets.

Moog Bushings K80007

Pass on the heat shield stuff, you get a lot of miles on these bushings without playing with a heat shield

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2826275&posted=1#post2826275

ok thank you and yes it still has rivets. and I need 2 hardware packs for both sides? How long will this take for a shop to fix?

Will a Shop let you bring in your own parts?? Unusual

My 'X' had the rivets already replaced with Hardware and it took me about 1.5 hours to drop down the Brackets, swap out the bushings and reinstall..

The Bushing do not Press in, they just push in so no biggy.
Grinding and knocking out the rivets will add time to the job.

yea all the shops here let u bring your own parts. I'm in BC Canada btw. Does the moog hardware kit come with the bolts? I might jut go with all moog brand stuff.

The Rock Auto website does not mention Hardware on the Moog Brackets. It does specify Hardware on the Raybestos parts. Raybestos is a good brand name too.

I think 1/4" or 3/8ths hardware at about 1.25" long will be fine if you want to just buy it separately.

Cheers

the Moog Bushings K80007. come with both sides? just to make sure haha. by the looks of it it does.

yes. full set

Back