What are the trim parts that hide the frame called? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What are the trim parts that hide the frame called?

male man

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 xlt rsc
I have an 07 Explorer XLT V8. Some explorers have different styles of running boards and some have nerf bars from the factory but others have neither one of these two options but instead have some black trim that keeps you from seeing the frame and all of the parts connected to it. Does anyone know what these trim pieces are called or part numbers? I tried Googling frame guards for and frame trim and got nothing. Thank you

The part you're looking for is called Frame Rail Hider. It was only briefly made for the 4th gens because running boards came primarily standard on them. The part number is
6L2Z.7810176.AA. I bid you good luck in finding some, they were discontinued so quickly it's very hard to find a pair.

The part you're looking for is called Frame Rail Hider. It was only briefly made for the 4th gens because running boards came primarily standard on them. The part number is
6L2Z.7810176.AA. I bid you good luck in finding some, they were discontinued so quickly it's very hard to find a pair.
Thanks, Ill get right on it and check the salvage yards, maybe even make my own.

Back