• Register Today It's free!

what are TT's

dbchamp

Reaction score
City, State
Eustice Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Hey guys i feel kinda stupid to keep asking about all this stuff but i really wanna get it right when i try it. I know what shackles are but are TT's a brand of them or something for the front suspension i have a 94 xlt 4x4 thanx for any comments. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should always try searching first, but TT refers to "Torsion Twist". It's when you tighten/loosen torsion bars to raise/lower a front suspension. Most torsion bars are good for about 2" lift before you risk hurting your CV joints. Check out your Chilton's to see how it works....real easy to do. Good luck

if u have a 94 u dont have torsion bars

yeah 1st gens have no torsion bars.. I would love to put a 2nd gen frame/chassis on a 1st gen body and take it to Ford to get it worked on.. I bet they be confusd. :D :D

yea i tried the search it just didnt come and tell me straight out and i wanted to make sure to get it right but thanx alot for the help i appreciate it. since i have a 94 and i cant do a tt what else could i do to the front if i am just going to put shackles in the rear im gonna try to fit atleast 32 under it. thanx

yea i tried the search it just didnt come and tell me straight out and i wanted to make sure to get it right but thanx alot for the help i appreciate it. since i have a 94 and i cant do a tt what else could i do to the front if i am just going to put shackles in the rear im gonna try to fit atleast 32 under it. thanx

Check out the link I sent you in my first reply. It should be covered in there.

not that it matters since you have a 1st gen but if you really want to know about a TT look at the link in the 'sticky' section at the top of the 'shock, suspension, lift kit' forum you can't miss it it's called 'torsion bar 101.......'

since you have a 1st gen just look for a lift kit, there are loads out there....

*rolls eyes*
only draper....

what else could i do to the front if i am just going to put shackles in the rear im gonna try to fit atleast 32 under it. thanx
search for f-150 coil seat or spacers.

thanxs alot i totally got it i do want to get a full lift but the money isnt working for me so i just want to do something inexpensive and easy that i can do myself. well thanx again for the help i will be sure to look into those f-150 coil and seat froader.

yeah 1st gens have no torsion bars.. I would love to put a 2nd gen frame/chassis on a 1st gen body and take it to Ford to get it worked on.. I bet they be confusd. :D :D

Old thread, I know.. but that's just hilarious... it would be priceless.

i think all the body panels will pretty much jsut bolt on

TT=Twin Turbo's....:D

Come one Jeff, it's 'Time Trials'

Oh yeah, a small lift for the front of a 1st gen= F150 coil spring seats. They raise the bottom of the coil spring 1-2 inches without affecting stock ride quaity. Very inexpensive.

Back