What are you getting your honey for Xmas? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

What are you getting your honey for Xmas?

Teri

Elite Explorer <br>Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
Sweetheart city Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
So, ladies....what are you getting your honey for xmas??
I am looking for ideas. All Perry wants for xmas is a straight axle!!!:banghead:

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Char

Admin's Wife, Explorer Babe
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wittmann
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT
Callsign
KB7TKQ
This thread is not private, which means the men can read this.

Teri,

Been there, done that, and paid the bill already. I didn't give it to him as present.

I'm probably going to get him new tools for the X. He was looking at a set at Sears. I convinced him not to buy them yet. He was checking out others things as well so I do have some choices. It sometimes pays to follow him around Sears, especially before holidays. It's funny to watch the eyeballs as he spots something he wants. I just make a mental note.

<

Maranda

Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Aviator 93Sport 99 PSD
Most of these boys like Craftsman anything. Or maybe if he needs subscriptions to magazines renewed? They always like khaki pants and ties, too. LOL j/k

Ryan and I are only doing a couple gifts for each other this year which is going to be hard. But we're getting a house for cryin' out loud so I have to remember that!

Heck, just buy something silky for yourself and that is a present in itself. ;)

<

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I dropped a "not-so-subtle" hint about what I wanted for Christmas. Set the sears catalog on the kitchen table with a big post-it note with an arrow to the 318-piece craftsman tool set... LOL

<

Teri

Elite Explorer <br>Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
Sweetheart city Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Perry wants a straight axle, and front lockers. Hmmm
that woun't be too hard to get! j/k
Tools always works, but not ties!!!

<

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
i always do what matt just did and drop plenty of hints..sears, lowes, and home depot have a new catalog every sunday.

jeez you gals sound like your boys don't tell you stuff they want. i could make a list 10 pages long of stuff i want for xmas. if no list.. what maranda said ALWAYS works too :D the silky things "for her" are just as much for him

<

Maranda

Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ryan thought that new Craftsman bendy sander thing would make a good gift. Guys always need to sand something, including the projects we give them.

"Honey, will you put the dining room table and 6 chairs in your garage and refinish them? Thanks... "

<

CBoug76

Elite Explorer ECX Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Dracut, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Sport
My Wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I told here I wanted a Body Lift. I think her first thought was Plastic Surgery! But I had to explain to her what a Body Lift is, and I think She's going to give me the ok to get one, since I have to buy a Ranger Kit, get some new Ranger Bumper brackets, and then she's can't remember anything Truck related, so she would forget and try to order a Body Lift for an Explorer and they don't make one, so they would tell her that, then I'd be sure NEVER to get one!

in Trade I am getting her a Remote Starter and Keyless Entry for her 2001 Chevy Blazer 2-door.

<

RFR2212

Typing Police
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
In the mug by Chitown
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 JEEP Wrangler
For some reason, I could see Char and Rick bein really funny in a tool store. Rick would be the 5 yr old kid again, drooling over everything he sees, like a kid in a candy store. I see Char then knocking Rick back in line saying he can't have everything he wants :) :p
Pete

<

BExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Mirabel, Quebec, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XL 4x4
Tools and motors

I could do and endless list of these, but I try to be a little bit more creative like clothing, books, music...(she's had it with tools, and motors she doesnt know enough). But I'm redoing the bathroom and kitchen this winter... so maybe I could ask for a new snowblower (I paid 60$ for the one I have and it's 27 years old... ouch).:roll:

Guys be more creative about your suggestion, and you wont be the only one happy about your gift, trust me your girl knows you want tools!!!

<

Asugolf14

Reaction score
City, State
Littleton, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
Originally posted by Teri (Perry's Teri)
So, ladies....what are you getting your honey for xmas??
I am looking for ideas. All Perry wants for xmas is a straight axle!!!:banghead:

So, what's wrong with wanting a straight axle?? Don't we all?? LOL- I think that would be a great gift, and inespensive too!! ;)

<

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
I wish I could AFFORD to get my Fiance something for Christmas. After all, he did get me a diamond ring for my birhtday...... I just blew quite a large bit of money on my Explorer! hmm...no wonder he claims that I love my truck more than him! :eek:

<

Char

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wittmann
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT
Callsign
KB7TKQ
Well, I used to have that problem, but I decided if I can't beat it, I'll join him. So I got into it. However, this started way back with his drag racing days. :D

<

kate

Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
Nacogdoches, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Sport
Okay Ladies i need y'all to solve something for me. For Christmas im getting my boyfriend (jeems) Clear corners and also some pedals he has been wanting. He already knew what he was getting and everything, but listen to this. I was going to order them over the internet but i dont have a credit card but my friend does ( also so happens to be jeems best friend) i gave my friend the money and i planned him coming over so we could order it all and everything. BUT one day my boyfriend gets the bright idea to help me out so him and the friend decide to go ahead and order everything for me!!! Okay so here the deal am i in the wrong for being upset?? It's like i took no part in the present i am giving to my boyfriend all i did was pay for it. It really ticked me off... so i told him that i was keeping all for myself!
how does that sound?

<

Maranda

Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
Well if he really had no idea that you were doing the same thing, then maybe take it easy on him. Tell him that you're disappointed though for all the reasons you posted here (that you wanted to surprise him, etc.)

My reaction would be anger, then pouting. Of course I am divorced now, too. :D

<

Char

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wittmann
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT
Callsign
KB7TKQ
I gave Rick his present last night. I gave him a 241 piece Mechanic tool set. He was very happy. So far he has gotten me a dozen roses and a set of 24 screwdrivers for my classroom.

Kate, I don't know what to tell you because Rick and I just go shop together. That way we get what each other wants. I just pay for his and he pays for mine. :D

<

CBoug76

Elite Explorer ECX Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Dracut, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Sport
Let me guess Char, you pay for it with a Joint Credit card, that is paid for with a Joint Checking account?

<

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Originally posted by Char
I gave Rick his present last night. I gave him a 241 piece Mechanic tool set. He was very happy. So far he has gotten me a dozen roses and a set of 24 screwdrivers for my classroom.
Geez char, I know those kids can sometimes get out of control and spanking them just doesn't do the job, but SCREWDRIVERS??? I'm appalled!
I was thinking my christmas present to myself would be the 318 piece tool set from Craftsman, decided instead to get a new head unit, new speakers, suspension lift, new gears, and new headers! heh heh heh. I spoil myself :)

<

Char

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wittmann
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT
Callsign
KB7TKQ
Actually, no we don't have joint accounts. His money is mine and my money is mine so I just spend it all. (Rick's going to beat me for that one.) :eek:

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
heres a helpful guide for you ladies looking for presents for your men...
Rule #1:
When in doubt - buy him a cordless drill. It does not matter if he already has one. I have a friend who owns 17 and he has yet to complain. As a man, you can never have too many cordless drills. No one knows why.

Rule #2:
If you cannot afford a cordless drill, buy him anything with the word ratchet or socket in it. Men love saying those two words. "Hey George, can I borrow your ratchet?" "OK. By the way, are you through with my 3/8-inch socket yet?" Again, no one knows why.

Rule #3:
If you are really, really broke, buy him anything for his car, a 99-cent ice scraper, a small bottle of de-icer or something to hang from his rear view mirror. Men love gifts for their cars. No one knows why.

Rule #4:
Do not buy men socks. Do not buy men ties. And never buy men bathrobes. Once I was told that if God had wanted men to wear bathrobes, he wouldn't have invented Boxer shorts.

Rule #5:
You can buy men new remote controls to replace the ones they have worn out. If you have a lot of money buy your man a big-screen TV with the little picture in the corner. Watch him go wild as he flips, and flips, and flips, and flips, and flips ........

Rule #6:
Do not buy a man any of those fancy liqueurs. If you do, it will sit in a cupboard for 23 years. Real men drink whiskey or beer.

Rule #7:
Do not buy any man industrial-sized canisters of after-shave or deodorant. I'm told they do not stink - they are earthy.

Rule #8:
Buy men label makers. Almost as good as cordless drills. Within a
couple of weeks there will be labels absolutely everywhere. "Socks. Shorts. Cups. Saucers. Door. Lock. Sink." You get the idea. No one knows why.

Rule #9:
Never buy a man anything that says "some assembly required" on the box. It will ruin his Special Day and he will always have parts left over.

Rule #10:
Good places to shop for men include Canadian Tire, Lee Valley Tools, NAPA Auto, Home Depot, John Deere, Princess Auto. Sear's Clearance Centers are also excellent men's stores. It doesn't matter if he doesn't have a use for it. "From NAPA Auto, eh? Must be something I need. Hey! Isn't this a starter for a '68 Ford Fairlane? Wow! Thanks." No one knows why.

Rule #11:
Men enjoy danger. That's why they never cook - but they will barbecue. Get him a monster barbecue with a 100-pound propane tank. Tell him the gas line leaks. "Oh the thrill! The challenge! Who wants a hamburger?"

Rule #12:
Tickets to a hockey game are a smart gift. However, he will not
appreciate tickets to "A Retrospective of 19th Century Quilts." Everyone knows why.

Rule #13:
Men love chainsaws. Never, ever, buy a man you love a chainsaw. If you don't know why - please refer to Rule #8 and what happens when he gets a label maker.

Rule #14:
It's hard to beat a really good wheelbarrow or an aluminum extension ladder. Never buy a real man a stepladder. It must be an extension ladder. No one knows why.

Rule #15:
Rope. Men love rope. It takes us back to our cowboy origins, or at
least the Boy Scouts. Nothing says love like a hundred feet of 3/8" manila rope. No one knows why.

Rule #16:
What ever you buy, give it to your man naked. All the men know why.

<