What bolts are used to hold on the radio and console? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What bolts are used to hold on the radio and console?

robotnik

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer 4.0L V6
I've lost a bunch of bolts who knows where for the console as well as the radio. I haven't had any luck with Google to find out which kind they are so I can find replacements, and the auto parts store either didn't have them or didn't know what I was talking about.

Does anyone know which kind of bolts they are? The ones I'm specifically talking about are the 2 used to held in the radio in the dash, and the 4 inside of the console compartment which you remove to remove the console. They are all the same kind I do know, and that a 9/32 socket wrench bit is what I used to remove them.

First of all, you should have used a 14mm wrench, not a 9/16.

Second of all, I think the two at the lower back of the console are the same size as well, so if you undo those, you should be able to take them to a hardware store and get replacements. Try them in the other holes first though just to be sure.

Third of all, I have a wad of them at home that I can double check for you this evening.

Back