• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

What chip/computer tune do you have?

What chip/computer tune do you have?

• Apten

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Hypnotic Illusions Automotive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bama Chips

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Jet

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • SCT -Henson Performance

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters

dkchrist

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT 4DR
i have 89 perf 91torque and 91 per but havent tried the last two. At first the mileage was great like 18-19 with the mod in my signature but have declined in the recent months but I think it is due to a driveshaft problem and low air in the tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jah81592

Reaction score
City, State
Corner, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
I just got a xcal 3 for xmas and wanted to know where and how to get a program set up like yours. who do you contact? and do load them?
Hmmm. Purchased an X3 without tunes loaded? I am seeing alot of this lately. Contact me, if interested I can sell you tunefiles needed for your application.-j

00REDEXPXLT

Reaction score
City, State
the "SKILL", NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 EXP XLT
I use Sniper tuning software and i love it. No empty loaders to worry about. I write my own tunes on my laptop and have a realtime data logger. So i can watch whats actually going on. And adjust to whatever tire size i want.

Raxxor

Reaction score
I have a 2002 ford explorer 4.0 with a cold air intake and exhaust and i was thinking of getting one of these xcals. Which one should i get xcal2 or 3?Would you guys say its worth the $389? I hear it comes with 2 tunes i would like a mileage one and i dont know what i want my other one to be i would like some more power but which gives more power a torque mode or performance? What have you guys seen with the mileage tune? Is the performance or torque tunes noticeable? Thanks

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
I have a 2002 ford explorer 4.0 with a cold air intake and exhaust and i was thinking of getting one of these xcals. Which one should i get xcal2 or 3?Would you guys say its worth the $389? I hear it comes with 2 tunes i would like a mileage one and i dont know what i want my other one to be i would like some more power but which gives more power a torque mode or performance? What have you guys seen with the mileage tune? Is the performance or torque tunes noticeable? Thanks
Worth every penny at twice the price.

spabula

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT AWD 5.0L
never noticed this thread before.... I have a SCT Livewire, got it from James at Henson Performance, couldnt be happier.

Raxxor

Reaction score
Those with the mileage tune what did you gain? Those with performance and torque tune whats the difference between the two? Shift points? Could you feel a hp difference?

Exploderpilot

Reaction score
City, State
Nuevo, CA (where?)
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Titan SE
Megasquirt!

Raxxor

Reaction score
Those with the mileage tune what did you gain? Those with performance and torque tune whats the difference between the two? Shift points? Could you feel a hp difference?

jack1.1

Reaction score
City, State
StL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer Eddie Bauer
5.0 1998 - I run a sniper tuner
I have some I've done and also bought one from Willie at dirtydirtyracing.
I like the sniper.

20 mpg on the highway!
14 in the city

Ninjakiwi8

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Whittier, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ranger xlt. 4.0 OHV
Anyone still around who was commenting on this thread? :confused2: I've got a 99 ford ranger xlt. Just had rebuilt the engine with 432 cam. Higher compression pistons ect. Purchased a megasquirt 2 and built the whole thing just for my tech guy (I dont know anything about tuning or ecu stuff) to tell me it wasn' going to work due to my auto trans taking signal directly from the ecu and the mega quirt didn' have a connection for it. Im really just looking for a way to do live data logging and adjust a/f ratio ect. She is going to get a supercharger and possibly a 75-100 wet shot but I need to figure out this tuning thing first :( any help is much appreciated.

Ninjakiwi8

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Whittier, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ranger xlt. 4.0 OHV
422 cam* sorry autocorrect haha