What chip/computer tune do you have? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What chip/computer tune do you have?

What chip/computer tune do you have?

• Apten

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Hypnotic Illusions Automotive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bama Chips

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Jet

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • SCT -Henson Performance

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My current is one is burned by Brian Herron after he left Apten, so I said other.

But when I get my Lightning, I'm gonna see what Doug at Bama Chips can do for me.

Apten Dual program chip. Need to get it reprogrammed for a V8 though.

Had an Apten rendition of a SCT chip (two tunes). Had Bama and Hyp add their handiwork to the remaining two banks, then traded in the chip for an XCal2 flasher, all Bama now. The other tunes were good. Bama is superb (at least for me).

SCT flasher (original blue one) programmed by Doug at Bamma. Very happy with it.

Apten dual-program chip with 3-way switch: 93 octane Performance, 87 Performance, 87 Stock.

I am stickyin' this and re-opening the poll on this poll so people will be able to see what chips people go with the most. Hopefully people will still post their chips.

Also, if it starts to lose interest and people aren't polling it. I will delete it. It is only a copy of the same poll found in General Topic Polls!

-Drew

Bama four program chip.
1) Stock set up performance
2) 87 Octane perfromance
3) 87 high MPG
4) 93 octane performance

LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to add my little bit of information. I used a Jet chip to recalibrate my speedo. It worked well (within 1-2%). Very adjustable to dial it in just right.

-Drew

I've got a BamaChips XCalibrator2 with the 3 following programs: 87 MPG, 91 torque, and 91 performance.

BamaChips Xcal2 with 3 tunes: with 87 octane performance, 93 torque, and 93 performance. Very happy with it. I mostly use the 93 torque program, but change to the 87 program on road trips.

I've got a BamaChips on its way with and 87 mileage, 87 performace and 93 performance tune.

south59 said:
I've got a BamaChips on its way with and 87 mileage, 87 performace and 93 performance tune.

Get ready to get happy.

MONMIX said:
Get ready to get happy.

I cant wait! What are your impressions of the 87 mileage tune that your running?

EDIT: Just got it and took it for a spin with the 87 performance, I coulnt be more happy :D

Any idea of fuel mileage gains with Bama chips, i'm need more fuel mileage help than power, i'm not getting anywhere near advertised mileage 16/21 with 4.0, best I get is 16.5 or 17 all around, and I don't jack rabbit drive

Junodale

I have a 17.5 gal tank in stock mode I got about 240 miles to a tank.
Add the Bama MPG program and I was getting 280 miles to a tank. That was driving like an idiot. If I drove like I had common sence I believe I could get 300 to a tank.

I had Doug (BamaChips) write three programs ... 87 Performance, 93 Performance and 93 Torque for my Sport. Installing them was painless with the Xcalibrator ... it took 4 minutes. I am very happy with the shifts and performance between my intake, exhaust and programs ... my MPG went up as well which surprised me. :thumbsup:

Chip Du Jour

Attachments

• Mvc-032s.jpg
    Mvc-032s.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,964

SCT XCal2 - Me

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey there

I've got a BamaChips XCalibrator2 with the 3 following programs: 87 MPG, 91 torque, and 91 performance.

I just got a xcal 3 for xmas and wanted to know where and how to get a program set up like yours. who do you contact? and do load them?

Back