What color/colour is your 2013/14 Ford Explorer Sport? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What color/colour is your 2013/14 Ford Explorer Sport?

What color/colour is your 2013/14 Ford Explorer Sport?

• Ingot Silver

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Tuxedo Black

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Platinum White Tri-Coat

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters
Well, I'm not surprised that Black is the most popular BUT I am very surprised that Red is 2nd most popular. Up here just north of Toronto, I have only seen Black or White, that's it............no Red or Silver. :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey how about posting a picture of the Darkside Color?

I have seen all of them lined up next to each other in Chicagoland and I would rank them black then red then white then silver.

I got black.

I'm new to the forum. Thanks to everyone and those that operate the site. I just ordered a 2014 EX Sport Ingot Silver with 401A package. After reading all the posts, particularly the thread about cabin/AC smell under hard acceleration, I had to think long and hard about it. I was also considering Jeep GC and spent time in the Jeep Garage forum as well. The horror stories of Jeep's Uconnect scared me away - even experienced an issue on test drive. Nice to see though that someone from Ford pays attention to this forum.

Although it seems black is most popular, here's my order of preference.

Silver - Nice contrast with the black exterior styling
White - Again, I like the contrast, but almost to much contrast with the white and black
Red - Looks pretty sharp, but don't think I could live with red for too long - plus attracts too much attention from ticket givers
Black - liked this the best at first, but spent lots of time looking. Struck me that it's just too blacked out and everything just blends together.

In any color, still an awesome looking ride.

Now, let's hope I don't experience any issues, otherwise it will be back to foreign cars for me.

We bought the Silver XLT, has sunroof and moonroof in back, power lift gate 20" polished wheels, navigation sinc, leather seats

WWB; I've had my 2014 Explorer Limited for less than 1 month.

The only issue I've had is a non working ambient light. During the fix the mechanic cracked the door handle, the repair desk ordered a new one for me.

I only have app 1200 miles on it, but they have been an absolutely great 1200 miles.

The truck has a smooth/quiet ride. It took a week or 2 to get used to all the systems, but I am up to speed and very happy with the way the vehicle functions.

Some of the more serious issues discussed on here are scary, but I am guessing Ford like most car makers fixes these issues with each production period.
The one about cargo shifting into the rear 3rd row seat exposed controls and activating them while driving seems very serious and needs a fix from ford.

I did notice one thing with my Explorer that surprised me.

Recently I was driving along the highway with the radio off enjoying the quiet ride and heard a noticeable wind noise that made me think a window was open slightly. After checking and finding all windows were closed I then thought I had a seal leak around the drivers door and started feeling for it. No luck.

After opening the drivers window I realized the noise I heard inside with the windows completely closed was coming from the rain guards I had installed at the dealer upon delivery.
I chalk it up to a design flaw from the rain guard maker.

If you ride in silence most of the time, I'd stay away from the rain guards.

That has been my biggest issue, so I remain very happy.

Back