What color should I get the plastic on the outside? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What color should I get the plastic on the outside?

willys5555

Reaction score
City, State
Spring TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT
I am going to get my car painted black. You can see it here as it is right now: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2915565

2915565_7_full.jpg

The plastic on the outside is a purple color right now but i dont think that will look good once it is painted black. I am trying to decide what color to paint them that will look good. I was thinking like a grey sort of or even the same black. If you have a black explorer, what color is your trim? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea that looks great. I think that is what I am going to do. But as you can see on my pictures, my plastic is a textured plastic so I am not sure how it would look. Also, how would i paint it? I know they sell auto paint at like auto zone and places so would that work? Thanks for your reply.

ok thanks. hopefully i will be getting it painted soon. like within the next couple of weeks. i cant wait. after that, that will be my last major exterior mod. but i am sure i am going to find something to do to it :p:

wow that looks good. Now i cant decide whether i want to paint it black or grey. I really like the way the black looks. Plus I have black rims and going to tint the windows dark, so i think i will try black because that is the look i am going for. Anyone else have pictures of it that may help me decide? Thanks

Back