• Total voters

alphabets13

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Mountaineer Premier
1.black
2.factory grey

i have rocker panels and fender fares to put on my X. should i paint them black to match the truck or go with the charcoal grey color. if i go black i will also have to paint the back bumper black cuz it's grey. the front bumper is already black b/c it's a 2001 bumper.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

black will look better

paint everything black. if you wanna see a truck thats all black, look at www.willychu.com though, its a sport.

I agree. You should paint it black.

i think the verdict is out. although i have to say i was leaning towards black....something different ya know

yeah i would go with the black it looks really good on that sport.

Chase

i voted black, but you must be sure the body is void of small dings and such, as they will stand out more with black than with say grey-

Originally posted by jimabena74
i voted black, but you must be sure the body is void of small dings and such, as they will stand out more with black than with say grey-

jim, i dont think he was planning on painting the whole truck gray; just the rocker moldings and fender flares he has (im assuming hes talking about the stock "gray bumper/fender flare" scheme, like i have on my truck.)

well, his whole truck is black.... so, i hope he washes it and it doesnt have any dings and stuff, or they will stand out a lot..... but i did vote black....

yes i am just talking about the rockers and flares. and yes i know all too much about having to deal with black paint. its looks amazing shined up but keeping it shined up is the real task. it's tough with that color but i can deal with it. and yes it sure does how everyhting. every little hairline scratch.

Back