• Register Today It's free!

What could it be?

Trishs07ebeExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Groveoak A
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer ebe
First timer here.. I'm searching for info on my ride and a few fixes for it also. I have a 2007 Ford Explorer ebe.Thnks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could you be any more specific?

Could you be any more specific?
Yes there's a scratching noise on driverside in dash and can you tell me what u heat if the tensioners need to be tightened or replaced and are they on the back of the motor

Tensioners will rattle on a cold start up when they start To be a problem. They are on the front and back of the motor, and can’t just be tightened. They need replaced, and the motor has to come out if that’s the issue.

Tensioners will rattle on a cold start up when they start To be a problem. They are on the front and back of the motor, and can’t just be tightened. They need replaced, and the motor has to come out if that’s the issue.
How can I know that for sure I've had 2 diff mechanics say. 2 totally diff things? I've had it 2 mths and it's skipped 3 diff times but was told that either needs spark plugs or coils replaced the engine light is on scanner said here's an o2 sensor stuck open don't know what or where that is and no oher problems besides he ticking or scratching in dash in driver side the AC didn't wasn't right when I bought the so that was replaced also

If the motor sounds like a can of marbles at start up, your tensioners are shot. If you push it too far, you’ll ruin the motor beyond repair.

When does it make the “scratching” sound?

And O2 sensor is in the exhaust. It’s sets the fuel/air ratio and can effect drivability.

Back