What did you do this weekend? Participation required | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

This is my son's truck, I added the front light bar in the grille just after giving it to him for Christmas. I pulled the bumper off and mounted the light in there, it fit well. It's a 21" 126 watt ebay light. Seems pretty good quality for the price.
IMG_20180316_190355154_HDR.jpg

The other thing I did was I got some different wheels and tires. I got used 17" F-150 wheels and 5 used 255/75/17 BFG from a heep. I mounted the 5th tire on a spare steel wheel and on the roof rack. It just barely rubs going into the garage.
IMG_20180316_190405358.jpg

My red V8 ST is still in my garage waiting on an engine replacement. Been waiting on a local guy that is very busy, hoping next month maybe.
My white 2wd Adrenalin is suffering from transmission issues. Had it at a trans shop since before Christmas, the guy said he was having valve body issues with it. Picked it up two weeks ago and it's still not shifting up or down in second correctly. I guess I will take it back to him or cut my losses and take it to someone else.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well after all the work, new tires, complete brake overhaul (total new parts including lines), power steering hoses, 4 Blistein shocks, upper control arms Moog problem solvers, etc etc for MVI found the frame cross member supports behind the fuel tank rotted out. The old girl has been sitting on blocks since January while I have looked, asked, talked to over 100 breakers to find replacements. No luck to this point about ready to give up on her.

IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5031.JPG

IMG_5035.JPG

IMG_5037.JPG

IMG_5043.JPG

I live in northern GA. Our vehicles typically don't suffer from rust (we don't use salt on our roads very often). There are usually a few Sport Trac's being parted out listed on my local CL. I'm sure many/all of them are at salvage yards. If you contact them they may be willing to get you what you need and send it to you. Worth an email to find out. It would be a shame to scrap your truck due to chassis rust.

Link:
atlanta auto parts "sport trac" - craigslist

I bought the bed and other parts of a ST from a husband/wife business in north central Iowa last May. I'll look for their phone # after work. If they still have the chassis, they'd be glad to remove and send you the parts you need. Good people to work with.

I bought the bed and other parts of a ST from a husband/wife business in north central Iowa last May. I'll look for their phone # after work. If they still have the chassis, they'd be glad to remove and send you the parts you need. Good people to work with.
Would appreciate it, Thank You Rod

Couldn't find my original notes so I Googled them. BT Auto Repair in Dakota City, Iowa ph # is 515-332-5765. Tell them Duane from Des Moines who bought the Sport Trac bed referred you.

The chances they still have the chassis is slim, but worth a shot. I bought my parts 10 months ago, and they'd had the truck for over a year at that time trying to get the title. Customer had it towed there, they diagnosed it, customer never paid or came back for it. They had it about 90% disassembled last May, but still had all the parts. They decided to part it because the floor was rusted through. The rest of the truck was in good shape.

I wouldn't have put their ph # on the forum, but I pulled it up online, so it's out there anyway, and they might have something someone else needs. I know they'll ship parts because the wife said that's a major part of what she does.

Thank you I got a hold of them thisAM she is checking and will email me soon. Again thank you for the lead let you know how we make out.

Here are the actual pics of the 2 parts I need they are from the drivers side 2001 Sport Trac 4x4 built 20/09/2000. They are located on the frame at the front leaf spring bracket, bolted on, reinforcement bracket fastens to the rear cab crossmember and the gusset right next to it fastened to the front cargo box crossmember.
IMG_5074.jpg
IMG_5075.jpg
IMG_5076.jpg

Any word on your parts?! Don't give up on the girl, I know of several yards in our area, I've never shipped steel, but if you can't find them locally..

Any word on your parts?! Don't give up on the girl, I know of several yards in our area, I've never shipped steel, but if you can't find them locally..
Thanks may have a lead will know in a couple of days. This has been a long search.

Well bomb out again seems to be no parts even in the yards.

I wonder if the frame rails are the same width between the models, maybe you could modify something to do the same job or better.. I'll see what we have at our local yards for sport tracs and the parts you need, I'm just worried about our Pennsylvania snow and salt.. Have you checked any body part suppliers, or dealerships? The cost will certainly be higher, but it'll be a NEW part also..

Yes searching by part # but no way to post on the generic menu for most salvage groups. Have been using part identification number stamped on parts and direct email with yards along with pics. Was going to contact White Bear but have not so far. Will try to-day
Thanks for the suggestions, I know the parts are out there just have to make contact with the right person.

The parts I am looking for are the same on the 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. and 2005 this is according to Fords parts manuals. So who is parting any of these models??????? see pic above.
Part # 1L5Z-5135-AA Reinforcement Bracket
and
Part # 2L2Z-5031-AA Gusset

Parts or projects
There's a wrecked '05 Sport Trac buried in the middle of this ad.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rebuilding the steering rack this weekend, having overhauled the steering hydralics last week end. Just need frame parts so I can put her back on the road.

Back