• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

What did you do to your 5th Gen today?

Fasterdamnit!

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Replaced intermittent park assist camera, replaced air blend door actuator (pain), and ordered wiper switch stalk due to one delay position just doesn’t work.

Best new thing- Remote start works now! Thank you Joe Stewart and forum!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

MM07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Limited
Added sun visor leds thanks to @Toddman41.

Very easy install. Now I’m 100% led, I think.

Toddman41

Reaction score
City, State
Herculaneum, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019, Explorer Limited
Added sun visor leds thanks to @Toddman41.

Very easy install. Now I’m 100% led, I think.
Pics, or it didn't happen. I ordered mine that day and still haven't arrived from CA. Got my reverse leds today though and installed.

MM07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Limited
Pics, or it didn't happen. I ordered mine that day and still haven't arrived from CA. Got my reverse leds today though and installed.
I got a 6 pack from Amazon for $7. Pics later.

MM07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Limited
Here are two.

IMG_4121.jpgIMG_4120.jpg

I took out the two screws and pulled the whole thing out.

Joe Stewart

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
Project oil cooler in the works...got the oil filter adapter for the oil cooler coming after seller accepted my ridiculously low offer. Made an offer for the oil cooler tonight and will know tomorrow. Time is on my side and i will wait until i can get items in my price range.

Joe Stewart

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
Got the brand new oil cooler for $35.00, cheapest i found was $65.00. I always wait for items on my list. Now to find the hose assy for less than $50.00.

Fasterdamnit!

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Love a great deal !

Replaced the windshield wiper switch today. One more DTC fixed.

Joe Stewart

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT

Fasterdamnit!

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport

Fasterdamnit!

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Switch arrived for Tow/Haul!

Not an Explorer-I upgraded the '18 Fusion Titanium from Sync 3.0 to Sync 3.4.2021. The Cyanlabs program worked perfectly!

ltdan84

Reaction score
City, State
Liberty Hill, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport

Bobs2018Explorer

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Livermore, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT FWD 3.5
Callsign
KD6ANY
I just ordered the Steeda Explorer Rear Sway Bar upgrade kit, as well as their heavy-duty Trailing Arm set, as all the reviews for suspension handling improvement results are very positive.

Will update on how it all went, once I've gone through the install process...

Last edited:

daverns

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
where did you route the wire into the cabin? Through the firewall?
I used the grommet that is used for the windshield washer at the back of glove box, it is a little tight to get to .

Joe Stewart

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
I initially wasn’t going to add oil cooler, but after making low offers on the oil cooler(35.00 for brand new), oil filter adapter (40.00), i decided to go ahead and get the rest of the parts. Lower radiator hose from advance auto, using 20% coupon code and 10.00 speed perk. Waiting for hose assy to go from radiator hose to oil cooler(be here monday) 135.00 for all parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

GregsDad

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 FPIU
About two weeks ago I bought my 2014 FPIU. Today, I finally had some time to dig in and sort through it. I removed a whole lot of screws/nuts/bolts/zip ties/etc., got my horn working, reattached the rear washer fluid nozzle so it no longer sprays into the cargo area, found/fixed/reattached the cargo light, tucked all the rubber flooring under the trim/kickplates, plugged all but one hole in the roof, and discovered the rear seats recline a bit. Loving this thing so far.