• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

What did you do to your 5th Gen today?

jsgoofn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Beautiful Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ex Sport
That looks pretty darn cool....love the effect of coming in from above..... Btw, can I bother you to take a still from above your hood to get a clear pic of your decal? And one of the rear? I want to show it to graphics guy. I also just realized that your '16 has a different hood than my '15. But the decal is a nice understated design that I can adapt to the idea I have in mind. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jonnoriega

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Streamwood, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Exp Platinum
That looks pretty darn cool....love the effect of coming in from above..... Btw, can I bother you to take a still from above your hood to get a clear pic of your decal? And one of the rear? I want to show it to graphics guy. I also just realized that your '16 has a different hood than my '15. But the decal is a nice understated design that I can adapt to the idea I have in mind. Thanks!
Here you go, sir. I hope this works?

IMG_2106.JPG

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

jsgoofn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Beautiful Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ex Sport
Perfecto!! Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes with graphics guy....

jonnoriega

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Streamwood, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Exp Platinum
Perfecto!! Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes with graphics guy....
Good luck, man. Be sure to take photo's of your ride and post it here!!! Love to see it!!!

jsgoofn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Beautiful Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ex Sport
You bet I will!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve II
Callsign
VE3

jsgoofn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Beautiful Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ex Sport
Good luck, man. Be sure to take photo's of your ride and post it here!!! Love to see it!!!
Hey, did they tell you not to wax the vinyl graphic?

And so I can get a feel for price, if you don't mind, how much did you pay for the graphics install? I found a website - http://houseofgrafx.com - and they are a DIY outfit. The instructions and videos they provide are excellent and they will produce custom graphics. Their stock racing stripe vinyl hovers around $80 for the whole car stripe.

Thanks....:salute:

jsgoofn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Beautiful Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ex Sport
I was messing with a program on my PC and my goofy attempt to try different striping ideas looks like this. Which looks best or do either of them look decent? I am leaning to the smaller one. I only plan to put it on the hood and rear (a la @jonnoriega) in matte black. Not sure if I would follow the indentation on the hood though.

My Ex Hood 3.jpg
My Ex Hood 2.jpg

jonnoriega

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Streamwood, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Exp Platinum
Hey, did they tell you not to wax the vinyl graphic?

And so I can get a feel for price, if you don't mind, how much did you pay for the graphics install? I found a website - http://houseofgrafx.com - and they are a DIY outfit. The instructions and videos they provide are excellent and they will produce custom graphics. Their stock racing stripe vinyl hovers around $80 for the whole car stripe.

Thanks....:salute:
I never paid attention to waxing it and I just had it clay bar and carnauba wax several months ago. As for the price, I did the entire car for $500 (door handles, side view mirrors, roof rack, etc). A bit pricey but lifetime guaranteed.

jonnoriega

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Streamwood, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Exp Platinum
I was messing with a program on my PC and my goofy attempt to try different striping ideas looks like this. Which looks best or do either of them look decent? I am leaning to the smaller one. I only plan to put it on the hood and rear (a la @jonnoriega) in matte black. Not sure if I would follow the indentation on the hood though.

View attachment 97589 View attachment 97590
I'm a little biased and I like the 2 stripes but both look good.

Eric F

Reaction score
City, State
So Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
If those are the only 2 choices, I would pick the first one.

CarsAndCaffeine

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport

View attachment 97589 View attachment 97590
I'd go for the smaller one personally. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out when you decide.

jsgoofn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Beautiful Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ex Sport
I never paid attention to waxing it and I just had it clay bar and carnauba wax several months ago. As for the price, I did the entire car for $500 (door handles, side view mirrors, roof rack, etc). A bit pricey but lifetime guaranteed.
Not pricey to me. You got to pay for quality...looks good and will last a long time.

jsgoofn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Beautiful Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ex Sport

jsgoofn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Beautiful Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ex Sport
If those are the only 2 choices, I would pick the first one.
Thanks! I just chose these two because they were easy to do. I will mess around a bit more....

jsgoofn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Beautiful Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ex Sport
I'd go for the smaller one personally. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out when you decide.
Thanks for the suggestion...I am hoping to pick something soon. Stay tuned!

Eltee

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
West Coast USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
4WD
Tire shop mounted my tires on to steel (PIU) rims. I was never crazy about the Ultra Motorsports aluminum rims that came with my Exp. I had hoped I could mount trim rings to detract from that "cop look" which my wife did not like (for years I drove us around in a cop take home car and she grew to dislike that "look" ) but the shop said they would not fit. I scoured the web for 18" trim rings and all but one stated they did not fit PIU rims. One vendor said his would, I even sent a photo of the steelies, but unfortunately he was incorrect and I'll have to send them back.

So now my car has PIU steelies and no trim rings. Hopefully my wife won't notice it since it's a grey SUV and my cop take home cars were all white sedans with interior emergency lights.

Gotta' admit, I really like the steelies' look more than the Ultras.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.