• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

What did you do to your 5th Gen today?

Blues Fan 30

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
This wasn't today but was recent so I will share. My 4 year old put on a black stainless bumper cover

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Livernois

EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn Heights, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Hey guys glad to see you are enjoying are tunes and making good passes.

Last edited by a moderator:

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

ggifford

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chester, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Didn't actually do all this in one day, but completed my wheel and brake upgrade...I took a lot of build pix and will hopefully have some write ups done soon...

20x10 Volk TE-37 Ultra
Wilwood 15" Front and 14.25 Rear Rotors
Wilwood 4 pot brake calipers

Went from the tires on the right to the ones on the left:

This is the total weight saving per corner with just the wheel/tire upgrade...saved about 14lbs a corner.

What tires are you running? I like the tread pattern and depth....

Vink70

Reaction score
City, State
Sterling, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
20x10 Volk TE-37 Ultra
Wilwood 15" Front and 14.25 Rear Rotors
Wilwood 4 pot brake calipers

Coming from being a previous tuner phase person... This looks pretty awesome! I loved doing Wilwood swaps. And absolutely love the VOLKS! Looks KILLER!!!! Do you have more pics of the whole vehicle in different angles?

emerica243

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 explorer xlt
Adding some incognito light bars behind the grill

Done!

Without lightbar

With lightbar. Might raise it up a tad.

Last edited:

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

Blues Fan 30

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Can’t see the picture
Strange because I can see it even with you using the quote the picture is in that.

I just copied and pasted the picture so I am assuming that to be the issue, but I dont see an option to browse files to insert an image from my computer. Any help would be appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

Blues Fan 30

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Ok lets try this again, let me know if it works. I recently added a rear black stainless bumper protector (so easy my 4 year old could do it). Also, swapped out the blue Ford emblems for black ones. Again with the help of my 4 year old. It was rather simple to swap out and there have been several discussions on the "how to". All you need is a deep well 10 mm socket and ratchet along with a flat head screwdriver. Remove the bolts from the shroud over the grill, pop the two pins holding the shroud in place, pull a little on the grill to get your hand behind and loosen the two nuts on the emblem and it will then pop right off. I have seen where a lot of people cut behind, but this was so easy I would not recommend anyone go the route of cutting and risk damaging anything. Start to finish took about 45 minutes to do front and rear including getting my tools out and finding what I needed and cleaning everything up after the project was completed.

bumper%20cover_zpsyyoqa0w6.jpg
blue%20emblem_zpspcq4cc75.jpg
black%20emblem_zpsrhqgjtto.jpg

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Looks good. Future 'Car Gal'? :D

Peter

Blues Fan 30

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Looks good. Future 'Car Gal'? :D

Peter
I sure hope so haha! We have some mudflaps coming in today that I am sure she will want to help put on when I get around to it. Also been toying with the idea of having the exhaust tip surrounds powder coated black so she could help me get those off too. Figure if I get her excited about it young it might stick with her as she grows up.

Ryant35

Reaction score
City, State
Cypress
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT
Ok lets try this again, let me know if it works. I recently added a rear black stainless bumper protector (so easy my 4 year old could do it). Also, swapped out the blue Ford emblems for black ones. Again with the help of my 4 year old. It was rather simple to swap out and there have been several discussions on the "how to". All you need is a deep well 10 mm socket and ratchet along with a flat head screwdriver. Remove the bolts from the shroud over the grill, pop the two pins holding the shroud in place, pull a little on the grill to get your hand behind and loosen the two nuts on the emblem and it will then pop right off. I have seen where a lot of people cut behind, but this was so easy I would not recommend anyone go the route of cutting and risk damaging anything. Start to finish took about 45 minutes to do front and rear including getting my tools out and finding what I needed and cleaning everything up after the project was completed.
Where did you get the black stainless bumper cover?

Blues Fan 30

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Where did you get the black stainless bumper cover?
Got it off eBay from China. Was an absolute fiasco getting it here though. Sat at ISC up in Chicago after clearing customs for ever and I opened a case to locate and everything then finally USPS shipped it back to China. The seller notified me and reshipped thankfully. Took almost three months to finally get it in : (

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
The only concern I would have with it is the possibility dents and ice buildup.

Peter

jonnoriega

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Streamwood, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Exp Platinum
Hello! It's been a while since I posted but I was up late tonight and couldn't sleep so I thought I'd edit a video that I made of my ride on my YouTube channel. YouTube is particular on what kind of music you can have on there due to copyright infringements. I hope you enjoy and throw a like if you can please? Thank you!

Special shout out to @Livernois :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

stever40

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
Hello! It's been a while since I posted but I was up late tonight and couldn't sleep so I thought I'd edit a video that I made of my ride on my YouTube channel. YouTube is particular on what kind of music you can have on there due to copyright infringements. I hope you enjoy and throw a like if you can please? Thank you!

Special shout out to @Livernois :)
Jon - Great video and very nice Ex
Question - What brand are the paddle shifter extensions?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Did you guys know about this...? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
L Did you miss out on the Livernois Motorsports CAD Track Day? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
L Did you pass on the Sport, but still want the performance? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 30
A Did my first mod today Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
C Well I finally did it... ordered the Livernois Tuner Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 7
P Other possible seat swaps besides Flex and other 5th gens? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
K Adding Recovery Hooks on 5th Gen? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 13
S Custom lift for 5th gen? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
Rick List of Useful Threads Modified 5th Gen Forum's Best Threads Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
T 5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 270
N tire chains? anyone with 5th gen experiance Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 5
K Is it possible to put a coyote 5.0 in a 5th gen? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
O Question regarding Daytime Running LED's on 5th Gen Explorer (Picture) Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 82
T 5th gen LED bulbs? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 8
S 5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 149
Rick Modified 5th gens for new "Benchmark" page Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
F 5th gen lowered??? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
jcerrion How To: Trim the lower fasica bumper on a 5th gen X Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
R Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 513
B Gen 5 T-Rex Grille? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
M nuB with a fifth gen sport.. Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 12
C Wheel sizing between Gen 4 & 5 Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
C skid plate / undercarriage / lower vent for Gen 5 Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
M Aftermarket Accessories for Explorer Gen 5 Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
I Factory Tow Hitch Kit for Gen 5 Explorer c/w Video Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 34