What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 69 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Taking my 2013 back to the dealer for a year end checkup at their suggestion (yes, I know).

While there, I want to see if they'll delete the DRLs and program the Dark Car option (does not light up when stopping option). Sometimes the shop guys are pretty literal when I ask for specific, non customary changes. So, when I go in for the checkup and want these things "programmed" into my car do I ask something like this?

"Please hook up the Exp to Forscan and delete DRL option and enable Dark Car option"

Or, will they look at me as if I'm a Martian?

Also, anything specific I should ask them to check while they have it? 80k or so miles on it, bought it in February from this dealer.

THANKS

LT don't say Forscan to the dealer they aren't fond of aftermarket software that messes with the vehicle components.

Its the Ford VCM II IDS that they will use to disable/enable what you want.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Like the black, not crazy about the red.

Neat looking install.

I like it BUT the red takes away from the very clean black and white look.

Yeah I agree... I took the red off... think I will wrap the chrome trim on doors too. Need to paint the handles. Keep the storm trooper scheme going

Yeah I agree... I took the red off... think I will wrap the chrome trim on doors too. Need to paint the handles. Keep the storm trooper scheme going

I was going to say the same about the red, good move by taking it off.
I like the idea of the carbon fiber on the plastic pieces(door trim and around the back corner). They get scratched relatively easily and the CF wrap should eliminate that.

Taking my 2013 back to the dealer for a year end checkup at their suggestion (yes, I know).

While there, I want to see if they'll delete the DRLs and program the Dark Car option (does not light up when stopping option). Sometimes the shop guys are pretty literal when I ask for specific, non customary changes. So, when I go in for the checkup and want these things "programmed" into my car do I ask something like this?

"Please hook up the Exp to Forscan and delete DRL option and enable Dark Car option"

Or, will they look at me as if I'm a Martian?

Also, anything specific I should ask them to check while they have it? 80k or so miles on it, bought it in February from this dealer.

THANKS

You just have to hope that they know how. I asked the dealer here for a couple of things, and they told me it wasn't possible. Downloaded Forscan, bought the cable, and all but one are done. Sometimes they just don't know how.

The red might have worked if it went full length, from the windshield back.

Don't forget the roof rack rails, and the grill if you haven't done it!

You just have to hope that they know how. I asked the dealer here for a couple of things, and they told me it wasn't possible. Downloaded Forscan, bought the cable, and all but one are done. Sometimes they just don't know how.

That's why I wanted to know precisely what to tell the service rep to do. :)

Uploaded the 93 tune from Unleashed Tuning last night as well as installed a 3 bar map sensor and AEM drop in air filter. What a huge difference! Night and day! Shifts are so much smoother as well and huge increase in power!

Uploaded the 93 tune from Unleashed Tuning last night as well as installed a 3 bar map sensor and AEM drop in air filter. What a huge difference! Night and day! Shifts are so much smoother as well and huge increase in power!
Welcome new 'EF Vendor'. Nice to have you aboard in a new capacity.:salute:

Peter

New EGR Running Boards

IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0468.JPG

I really like the carbon fiber wrap on the window trim and the back corner pillars. Might look into doing this eventually.

I really like the carbon fiber wrap on the window trim and the back corner pillars. Might look into doing this eventually.
If you were closer, I would say stop by, I have plenty of this left. I am looking at interior pcs to do next....

Nice. I like the front bumper and lights.

Thanks. It's a Westin safari bar with Bosch touring 165 lights.

If you were closer, I would say stop by, I have plenty of this left. I am looking at interior pcs to do next....

Road Trip...I'll bring the beer! I'm going to try and find some time to play around in the spring once it warms back up.

Haha I've driven almost that far once in my life and I promised myself never again. They make planes for a reason.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back