What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 88 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Can’t see the picture
Strange because I can see it even with you using the quote the picture is in that.

I just copied and pasted the picture so I am assuming that to be the issue, but I dont see an option to browse files to insert an image from my computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok lets try this again, let me know if it works. I recently added a rear black stainless bumper protector (so easy my 4 year old could do it). Also, swapped out the blue Ford emblems for black ones. Again with the help of my 4 year old. It was rather simple to swap out and there have been several discussions on the "how to". All you need is a deep well 10 mm socket and ratchet along with a flat head screwdriver. Remove the bolts from the shroud over the grill, pop the two pins holding the shroud in place, pull a little on the grill to get your hand behind and loosen the two nuts on the emblem and it will then pop right off. I have seen where a lot of people cut behind, but this was so easy I would not recommend anyone go the route of cutting and risk damaging anything. Start to finish took about 45 minutes to do front and rear including getting my tools out and finding what I needed and cleaning everything up after the project was completed.

bumper%20cover_zpsyyoqa0w6.jpg
blue%20emblem_zpspcq4cc75.jpg
black%20emblem_zpsrhqgjtto.jpg

Looks good. Future 'Car Gal'? :D

Peter

Looks good. Future 'Car Gal'? :D

Peter
I sure hope so haha! We have some mudflaps coming in today that I am sure she will want to help put on when I get around to it. Also been toying with the idea of having the exhaust tip surrounds powder coated black so she could help me get those off too. Figure if I get her excited about it young it might stick with her as she grows up.

Ok lets try this again, let me know if it works. I recently added a rear black stainless bumper protector (so easy my 4 year old could do it). Also, swapped out the blue Ford emblems for black ones. Again with the help of my 4 year old. It was rather simple to swap out and there have been several discussions on the "how to". All you need is a deep well 10 mm socket and ratchet along with a flat head screwdriver. Remove the bolts from the shroud over the grill, pop the two pins holding the shroud in place, pull a little on the grill to get your hand behind and loosen the two nuts on the emblem and it will then pop right off. I have seen where a lot of people cut behind, but this was so easy I would not recommend anyone go the route of cutting and risk damaging anything. Start to finish took about 45 minutes to do front and rear including getting my tools out and finding what I needed and cleaning everything up after the project was completed.

Where did you get the black stainless bumper cover?

Where did you get the black stainless bumper cover?
Got it off eBay from China. Was an absolute fiasco getting it here though. Sat at ISC up in Chicago after clearing customs for ever and I opened a case to locate and everything then finally USPS shipped it back to China. The seller notified me and reshipped thankfully. Took almost three months to finally get it in : (

The only concern I would have with it is the possibility dents and ice buildup.

Peter

Hello! It's been a while since I posted but I was up late tonight and couldn't sleep so I thought I'd edit a video that I made of my ride on my YouTube channel. YouTube is particular on what kind of music you can have on there due to copyright infringements. I hope you enjoy and throw a like if you can please? Thank you!

Special shout out to @Livernois :)

Hello! It's been a while since I posted but I was up late tonight and couldn't sleep so I thought I'd edit a video that I made of my ride on my YouTube channel. YouTube is particular on what kind of music you can have on there due to copyright infringements. I hope you enjoy and throw a like if you can please? Thank you!

Special shout out to @Livernois :)

Jon - Great video and very nice Ex
Question - What brand are the paddle shifter extensions?

Received my upgraded cargo light back from Dan Smith at DAYTIME BriteLites, so now the interior LED conversion is complete. Also met yesterday with a great Forum member, most generous with his time to do the Forscan mods I wanted: Bambi mode, GPS while driving & turn signal/lane change from 3 to 5 blips. I think I'm good to go now.

Received my upgraded cargo light back from Dan Smith at DAYTIME BriteLites, so now the interior LED conversion is complete. Also met yesterday with a great Forum member, most generous with his time to do the Forscan mods I wanted: Bambi mode, GPS while driving & turn signal/lane change from 3 to 5 blips. I think I'm good to go now.

Do you happen to know how the lane change signal was changed from 3 to 5 blips? I would love to have that, as 3 is too short I feel.

Easily done in like 3 minutes using Forscan software. There are several different choices for the number of "blips". So far, 5 is waaaay better than 3.

Speaking of Forscan & forum members, are there any Forscan users in Tampa Bay area? I'd love to change some settings, like lane change from 3 to 5 or 6, perhaps a couple of others as well. I'm just not willing to trust my vintage Windows Vista laptop & my extremely knowledgeable computer expertise (NOT) with any of these programs.

I didn't do them today but just found this thread. Again. :)

Put in a vantrue camera with the wires running along the windshield, inside the a-piller cover, under the dash to the power outlet in the console. Long way around but it works.

And a couple of months ago I had the American Racing wheels and Pirelli tires installed.

xltclose.jpg

Still have some things to do like the chrome handle covers, blacking out part of the grill and some striping.

PTU oil change, 60K checkup. TCU update.

Ordered BBK 73MM throttle body.

Today I installed a aFe panel filter, throttle response is better and power across all rpms feel better. WOT power feels really good. Fuel economy still to be determined.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yesterday, Installed an amplified sub.

Back