What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 102 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this the grill for the 2016 and up Explorers? I heard it didn't bolt up? Looks great! I had to manually add LEDs to my OEM grill to get this look!
This is for 2011 to 2015 Explorers, I have no issue with the installation, except for the 2 bottom side bolts that are very hard to reach, there are 4 bolts at the bottom, I am only using 2 of them, my fat hands cannot get through on the 2 side bolts. the 2 bolts appear to be sufficient. I think the grill was supposed to be installed together with the bumper, but I don't have time to do that.

This is for 2011 to 2015 Explorers, I have no issue with the installation, except for the 2 bottom side bolts that are very hard to reach, there are 4 bolts at the bottom, I am only using 2 of them, my fat hands cannot get through on the 2 side bolts. the 2 bolts appear to be sufficient. I think the grill was supposed to be installed together with the bumper, but I don't have time to do that.

Funny how a google search changes... I searched for grilles in the past and could only find them for newer models.. Found this one! It looks great!

Yeah, removing the grille is a pain trying to get those last couple bolts at the bottom.. I lost a few clips down there pulling it off lol

Funny how a google search changes... I searched for grills in the past and could only find them for newer models.. Found this one! It looks great!

Yeah, removing the grill is a pain trying to get those last couple bolts at the bottom.. I lost a few clips down there pulling it off lol
Just added recently; Raptor Grille for Ford Explorer 2011-2015
Note; a grill is used for cooking a grille is what you want to search for a vehicle. ;)

Peter

There are also gold and platinum grillz that you can wear in your mouth

You'd be surprised how many spellings I've corrected (silently) in the past week on this word. Next favorite one is 'break' to 'brake'.
I sure hope this 'isolation' thing is over soon. :laugh:

Peter

You'd be surprised how many spellings I've corrected (silently) in the past week on this word. Next favorite one is 'break' to 'brake'.

Peter

LOL! I don't doubt it. Thanks for keeping it real! :cool:

Today, I

- joined this forum
- read about upgrading my speakers and ordered a new sub
- am updating my Sync version and will likely update my maps (if I can find it for less than $109)

Today, I

- joined this forum
- am updating my Sync version and will likely update my maps (if I can find it for less than $109)

If you go to SYNC 3.4 the maps are included.

I had ordered a set of front and rear Hawk Performance curved slotted and cross drilled “Talon” rotors and “Performance Ceramic” pads last week. Today Pure Performance in Millersville, MD installed them. I spent the afternoon taking it easy on backroads and bedding them in per instructions. So far they feel good and the rotors definitely look good. Tomorrow I’ll start treating them a little harder, we’re supposed to have rain for a few days so I’ll see how they do while wet. They are a Canadian and American company, their products are made in Canada and are of good quality. If anyone is in the market for brakes they are offering a rebate of ten dollars off every one hundred dollars spent until the end if June.

Attachments

• 5269E032-DA45-4B94-9F5E-E51F3F6D7039.jpeg
    5269E032-DA45-4B94-9F5E-E51F3F6D7039.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 14D52C2D-2D3D-4995-9F4F-3086A54AA46C.jpeg
    14D52C2D-2D3D-4995-9F4F-3086A54AA46C.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 71E92BCB-4425-4BCF-9EEF-99200C654AC0.jpeg
    71E92BCB-4425-4BCF-9EEF-99200C654AC0.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 99
  • F4C3AB62-FE6B-41B8-AFC3-A8C8449527CD.jpeg
    F4C3AB62-FE6B-41B8-AFC3-A8C8449527CD.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 119
  • A681E4C4-8E2E-4AC6-B153-56EACE4B2384.jpeg
    A681E4C4-8E2E-4AC6-B153-56EACE4B2384.jpeg
    381.6 KB · Views: 102

When I had Pure Performance install my Steeda sway bar, trailing arms and adjustable toe links back in November 2019 I forgot to take some pictures from underneath. I was able to take a couple today while the my X was on the lift.

Attachments

• E0B7BB67-D4C8-4B07-87CA-A901FF642D34.jpeg
    E0B7BB67-D4C8-4B07-87CA-A901FF642D34.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 4D3B76DE-683B-4C7F-B236-1EABFFE9C993.jpeg
    4D3B76DE-683B-4C7F-B236-1EABFFE9C993.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 114

Today, I

- joined this forum
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

When I had Pure Performance install my Steeda sway bar, trailing arms and adjustable toe links back in November 2019 I forgot to take some pictures from underneath. I was able to take a couple today while the my X was on the lift.
Tasty!

Anyone now if the recall, forged OE toe links would still be upgraded by Steeda links?

I should have answered this post this past Tuesday. Rotated the tires, installed the K&N FIPK and installed the Steeda sway bar. Today was an easy day, seafoamed the carb.

Peter
Thanks - I thought it was faub on my post and you fixed it/made it right - fob.

I should have answered this post this past Tuesday. Rotated the tires, installed the K&N FIPK and installed the Steeda sway bar. Today was an easy day, seafoamed the carb.
How do you like the Steeda sway bar?

Over the past few days I've changed out 7 speakers in the car. Hopefully tomorrow will finish with the sub and the two rear 3.5s

Over the past few days I've changed out 7 speakers in the car. Hopefully tomorrow will finish with the sub and the two rear 3.5s

How’d it go? Sound better? Are you happy? What speakers did you get?

How’d it go? Sound better? Are you happy? What speakers did you get?
I followed your thread very closely. It has gone well so far. A couple of hiccups here and there. Sound is better... not amazing, but I am pretty pleased.

I was going to make a thread about it once I get it all done, or ask you if I can just post in your thread. I seriously bought almost the exact same setup you did, and I followed your instructions. Didn't take any pictures, really.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back