What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 107 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Did you buy these emblems black? If so, could you link the seller please?

I did buy the emblems in black.

The Ecoboost came from Amazon. Link

The Limited came from eBay. Link

Need anything else? Sorry it took a bit for me to get back to you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Installed Phillips 9011 headlamps.
OBDLink EX arrived so time to start learning FORScan!
Thanks to Joe and everyone that have shared all the data and experience!

Installed Phillips 9011 headlamps.
OBDLink EX arrived so time to start learning FORScan!
Thanks to Joe and everyone that have shared all the data and experience!
Enjoying the forum and everyone's sharing. I am planning on upgrading from sync2 to sync3 and wondering if I need to change the ACM as well? Thanks in advance.

Enjoying the forum and everyone's sharing. I am planning on upgrading from sync2 to sync3 and wondering if I need to change the ACM as well? Thanks in advance.
No, just the apim and screen

I did buy the emblems in black.

The Ecoboost came from Amazon. Link

The Limited came from eBay. Link

Need anything else? Sorry it took a bit for me to get back to you.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping the seller of the limited badge might have a platinum badge also but no luck. I'll be getting the ecoboost badge though. Probably going to end up plastidipping the platinum badge since I can't seem to find one.

Finally got Forscan running with the Gearhead AO tune still loaded.
Bambi mode (foglights on when highbeams on.) Check!
Ford Performance Sync 3.4 Splash Screen. Check!
Tried Police Interceptor liftgate open- pushed the button on new (used) headlight switch panel and nuthin. Guess that function needs hardware.

Tow/Haul switch on its way from Tasca ford.

Replaced intermittent park assist camera, replaced air blend door actuator (pain), and ordered wiper switch stalk due to one delay position just doesn’t work.

Best new thing- Remote start works now! Thank you Joe Stewart and forum!!

Added sun visor leds thanks to @Toddman41.

Very easy install. Now I’m 100% led, I think.
Pics, or it didn't happen. I ordered mine that day and still haven't arrived from CA. Got my reverse leds today though and installed.

Pics, or it didn't happen. I ordered mine that day and still haven't arrived from CA. Got my reverse leds today though and installed.

Here are two.

IMG_4121.jpgIMG_4120.jpg

I took out the two screws and pulled the whole thing out.

Project oil cooler in the works...got the oil filter adapter for the oil cooler coming after seller accepted my ridiculously low offer. Made an offer for the oil cooler tonight and will know tomorrow. Time is on my side and i will wait until i can get items in my price range.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got the brand new oil cooler for $35.00, cheapest i found was $65.00. I always wait for items on my list. Now to find the hose assy for less than $50.00.

Back