What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 108 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Love a great deal !

Replaced the windshield wiper switch today. One more DTC fixed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Switch arrived for Tow/Haul!

Not an Explorer-I upgraded the '18 Fusion Titanium from Sync 3.0 to Sync 3.4.2021. The Cyanlabs program worked perfectly!

This took way longer than it should have...
qiN00Di.jpg

and yes those are opposite sides on the car, I just flipped the before pic :p

I just ordered the Steeda Explorer Rear Sway Bar upgrade kit, as well as their heavy-duty Trailing Arm set, as all the reviews for suspension handling improvement results are very positive.

Will update on how it all went, once I've gone through the install process...

where did you route the wire into the cabin? Through the firewall?
I used the grommet that is used for the windshield washer at the back of glove box, it is a little tight to get to .

I initially wasn’t going to add oil cooler, but after making low offers on the oil cooler(35.00 for brand new), oil filter adapter (40.00), i decided to go ahead and get the rest of the parts. Lower radiator hose from advance auto, using 20% coupon code and 10.00 speed perk. Waiting for hose assy to go from radiator hose to oil cooler(be here monday) 135.00 for all parts.

About two weeks ago I bought my 2014 FPIU. Today, I finally had some time to dig in and sort through it. I removed a whole lot of screws/nuts/bolts/zip ties/etc., got my horn working, reattached the rear washer fluid nozzle so it no longer sprays into the cargo area, found/fixed/reattached the cargo light, tucked all the rubber flooring under the trim/kickplates, plugged all but one hole in the roof, and discovered the rear seats recline a bit. Loving this thing so far.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Seems you've been a busy owner. I don't know if you've seen this subforum but there may be some additional ideas you can use.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Seems you've been a busy owner. I don't know if you've seen this subforum but there may be some additional ideas you can use.

Peter
Thanks, and absolutely! Not sure I’d have fixed the horn as quickly if it weren’t for that subforum. This forum as a whole seems really helpful.

I ordered my Bright Light kit...

Attachments

• B3FE957E-063D-4CC6-84DD-3AEA56944383.jpeg
    B3FE957E-063D-4CC6-84DD-3AEA56944383.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 144

hi.. could you send the part details for illuminated ford logo and store where to find them?. am also interested on the location of the switches you have placed.
Why is there a RED emblem on the front of the Explorer? Ive seen several mods for F-150's where the front and rear emblem is replaced, the front has a white led and the rear has a red also acting as a dimly lit emblem and a bright fourth stop light. No one I have been able to source has them for an Explorer.

Why is there a RED emblem on the front of the Explorer? Ive seen several mods for F-150's where the front and rear emblem is replaced, the front has a white led and the rear has a red also acting as a dimly lit emblem and a bright fourth stop light. No one I have been able to source has them for an Explorer.

Attachments

• 20150401_113204.jpg
    20150401_113204.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 20150401_113224.jpg
    20150401_113224.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 120

Why is there a RED emblem on the front of the Explorer? ............................................. No one I have been able to source has them for an Explorer.
As you can see, a few members have it. Check out this post for a DIY. Note the link in it no longer works. custom colored ford emblems

Peter

As you can see, a few members have it. Check out this post for a DIY. Note the link in it no longer works. custom colored ford emblems

Peter
Yeah I got mine from a place called Custom Truck Solutions, but it looks like they are no longer in business.

As for why you may be having a hard time finding those is mostly because Ford shuts those businesses down as they pop up. Some sort of copyright thing and Ford officially wants only blue ovals...no other color. If you find a place making them, scoop it up quick as they will likely be shut down soon enough.

Saturday I replaced the top motor mount (from Tasca) after Matt at Gearhead recommended it after reviewing a log file. Also put in the one range colder plugs with .026” gap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Saturday I replaced the top motor mount (from Tasca) after Matt at Gearhead recommended it after reviewing a log file. Also put in the one range colder plugs with .026” gap.
how hard were the plugs to do? Ford wanted to charge me $700 to replace them when I recently had a fuel injector go out.

Back