What did YOU do to your Explorer today? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Surprisingly, nothing but look at parts. She is taking a day off, as I am driving my other project car (an Olds Toronado). Tomorrow, I will replace one of the coolant temp sensors (the one going to the PCM). I am almost done with the little odds and ends like that. After that, an EGR, oxygen sensor, and a few connectors I want to replace. Then body work (little bit of rust I wanna take care of before it gets real bad).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bleed the brakes

Attachments

• 20150405_143711.jpg
    20150405_143711.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 622

replaced the alternator since the bearings decided to lock up and fall apart, still pretty impressed the alternator had motorcraft all over it not sure if its original or not. Had a issue with the batt light on and after reading on here found a 15amp fuse to be the culprit, gonna look into this nasty sound in the front everytime i hit a bump sounds like the front end is falling off...lol little over-dramatic anyways thinking shocks

Nothing done this long weekend. Planned to change transmission oil and filter. Unable to find Mercon V fluid anywhere. You normally get these at service station, but none had it. Lubricant stores closed till Tuesday. Found some at a hardware ware store Win... Something. Never heard of the brand.

Did a test fit for seats I pulled from a late 90's Mazda B3000. I'll probably do a writeup about it later but the seats themselves bolted right up to the sliding mechanism out of the Explorer. Yay for seats with 100,000 miles less of ass on them.

Got some recovery gear in the mailbox :D

Attachments

• 20150407_131548.jpg
    20150407_131548.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 377
  • 20150407_142212.jpg
    20150407_142212.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 368

That is awesome and I'll probably steal that idea with mine, except paint the teardrops Ford blue :D

Found out the coolant leak on mine is getting worse. Looks like I'll be buying the LIM gasket sooner than I thought.

Planning to work on the left door panel, left window switches and the Ac button.
I only have one working window front right and it only works from the passenger door switch. Driver side window is stuck up but I don't know if it's because a bad regulator or a switch.
My guess and the hope it's the switch. :D

I got to change the brake master cylinder on my 92 as well as upgrade the lighting :D
2CD4598A-E224-4434-80B9-FB9438287B27_zpssyrc5sze.jpg
89D898CB_zpsvvnlfjw_edit_1428732918413_zpsdyx7nnzo.jpg

Wow you spent some cash for those Crystal headlights, nice!

Wow you spent some cash for those Crystal headlights, nice!
Considering that that i can see 3x as far (after aiming them) I think it was a good investment now I just need a heavy duty bumper to protect them lol

Orderd Tatton driveshaft, Extreme adjustable camber caster alignment bushing kit and 35" Cooper stt's:thumbsup:

So again,, i am broke:scratch:

Not all today but, replaced full rocker panels 86ed the runningboard, pin stripe and body molding. Added 2001 front bumper, new headlights and tail lights, painted wheels bumpers and rockers, componded and polished paint.

20150425_094420.jpg

Taking mine back to mechanic. The new belt tensioner (Prestone brand) I put in 2 1/2 weeks ago started rattling over the weekend. What could be the possible reason??
Anyone??

Being as my 94 X is a parts truck, I don't do much to it. Yesterday I finally got the engine back together after finding some O rings for the fuel injectors. They were just junk I found, but they don't leak. I spent afternoon just romping around running over trees and mudding while listening to the hockey game.

toucan, the bearings in your belt tensioner could have been bad off the shelf. it happens.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im sure you can but i think most come pre-greased. just dont and i repeat do NOT buy one from oreillys. they will be bad off the shelf. had a belt tensioner and stationary pulley go bad from oreillys not even 2 days later. replaced, did it again. said screw this and bought some from a different store, same brand, same price, no more problems.

Back