what dies do you have for your bender | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what dies do you have for your bender

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
I am looking at buying a bender in the near future and havent decided on what dies to get. I am pretty sure i will be getting the pro tools one from rockbuggy supply. I also am pretty set on getting the tightest radius dies i can for wheat ever size tubing i get. I also know i will be getting the dies that allow the 180* bends so i guess that is the 240* dies.

The part i havent decided on is how many dies to get and what sizes. The # of them will be determined by the total cost of everything.

I am thinking in this order what do you think

1. 1.75"
2. 1.5"
3. 1" or 2" or a square tube die

what order would you go.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What dies to I have for my bender?

Well, none actually.

But I'm dying to get a bender! I'd love to make my own stuff!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Originally posted by RockRanger

1. 1.75"
2. 1.5"
3. 1" or 2" or a square tube die

got the 1.5" and 1" dies. always get the 240 degree dies, and tightest CLR's. I also want the 1.75" die. Last, if you get the 2" dies, get the 105HD.

I totally agree with the above. I've also got a 1.5" and a 1". Next I'll be getting a 1.75" and 1.25". The smaller the radius the weaker the bend but it'll fit tighter and when it comes down to it, what are you really going to be doing when it gets used? Will that tighter/weaker bend matter? It's up to you... I've got the tightest radius I could on my two dies.

I , UHm, have a 25 ton bender with about 50 dies :) of course the bender is something like 25 grand. Well OK its works bender

1.5" 120* 6" for the 105HD. Shoulda got a 240* but if shoulds were 5ths I'd be dead on the floor not posting on the net.

-T

Originally posted by TDG
1.5" 120* 6" for the 105HD. Shoulda got a 240* but if shoulds were 5ths I'd be dead on the floor not posting on the net.

-T

OK, We've gone thorough 4 bottles of wine onight, so I have no idea what thismeans, but I still wish I had a 1.5" 120* 6" for the 105HD bender so I could make my own stuff.

Back