• Register Today It's free!

what do u guys think

FexplorerV8

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 expedition
what do u guys think about Clarion products?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good mid-level HU's. Haven't heard much negative about them..

well to be honest I haven't dealt that much with them. HOWEVER, on my 94 Explorer, I had one of their basic CD Player head units. It was a step below that $400 multicolored one I ended up getting for $99. It was an excellent quality product, clear sound, easy to use, very user friendly and was very adjustable. Never ever gave me a single problem the year I had it in there. Gave that truck to my aunt, and guess what... still working!

I have one. Had a basic cd player from like 03 for a few years. DB225. Worked well, never skipped did what I wanted & didn't have these dumb things new head units have(screen savers, mutil color graphics etc)

I just upgraded to a newer 03 model Clarion. The DXZ545mp. I only got it cause I needed an AUX in for my ipod. I got it used on Ebay. Again it's nice. It has a few of those dumb features I hate, but I can turn them off.
I'm happy.

I should add though, I do not like any of the new Clarions. I waited months for the older unit I got to show up on Ebay. The new ones have those flip down faces & are rather ugly with all the buttons & graphics. I'd never buy one of those. I like simple displays with a volume knob.

clarion is the best unless you are going with "exotic" type stuff

expo5.0 said:
clarion is the best unless you are going with "exotic" type stuff
what do u mean by that?

nakamichi? denon? maybe alpine f#1 (but the 8255 is almost as good anyways)

as far as i'm concerned nothing is functionally better than the higher end clarion

Nakamichim's are nice. A bit expensive though. That would be my choice if I have to get another HU.

i have been looking at high end clarion units and they seem to have more than u can use LoL

Back