• Register Today It's free!

What do ya'll reccomend?

fatboy0186

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
I don;t like asking these type of questions, as I usually use the search feature. But I didn;t really find an answer to my question. I have a '91 XLT, and the stock speakers are blown. I have been looking at pioneer 3way 6x8's, and I think I might get some. But before I drop down any money, I thought I'd ask what you guys like. 2way or 3 way? What brands?

I want a good, full sound, with nice bass. I won;t be getting subs or anything, I just want some good speakers. I would like to spend under $150 also. I have a Sony CD deck, and all the rest is stock.

Thanks

I would suggest a set of four Kenwood KFC-C6879ie speakers. They run about $69.99 per pair and have a 30-28k Hz frequency response. Which is relatively good for two-way affordably priced speakers. Personally, I prefer 3-way speakers, but I think these fit your needs.

Crutchfield is a great place to research speakers. They have a relatively large selection, and it's easy to compare different audio components. And although you can often find a better price elsewhere, their customer service is great and the speakers come with instructions for your exact vehicle, as well as adapters so you don't have to splice into your factory wiring harness.

I have those Pioneer speakers.

Nice warm rich sound, not a lot of thump but they aren't soupose to. I really like them. But as is the case with audio, much of it boils down to opinion and preferance, so take it for what it is worth.

yeah and bypass the factory amp, it'll make your new speakers sound much better

Back