• Register Today It's free!

what do you do when????

not8taxi

Reaction score
City, State
queens, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
whats up everyone...what do you do when you see someone else using a pic of your truck to sell a bull bar?...was looking on ebay at some explorer parts and came across an auction with a pic of my truck that some guy is using to sell his item...kinda messed up but whaever...i figured it was funny to share with you all...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK-WESTIN-BULL-BAR-FORD-EXPLORER-2002-2005-L-K_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3efa3d9ea6QQitemZ270486314662QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

found the pic

Attachments

• DSC06861.JPG
    DSC06861.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 369

Haha thats funny, and pretty damn cool, but at the same time, id be a little P.O.'ed for them just using it without my permission, but as long as they blocked the license plate out, eh why not lol

I'd be flattered if it happened to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

How much for the Truck

I just sent him a message. I made him a huge offer for the truck in the picture. And asked he had any more pictures he could send me. :D
Do you think $28,500 is to much? I said I just had to have it.
Ill post whatever he sends back, if anything.

Its fun to mess with people. :)

Hahahaha thats great! I cant wait to see what he says!

hmm, may be an issue here with intellectual property as he put a copy protection marker on the pic on ebay, in effect naming him as the image owner,
could be okay, but also could be a problem if you go to post it and he sees it,even though it is your pic,
not sure of the legalities, but maybe Rick would know

hmm, may be an issue here with intellectual property as he put a copy protection marker on the pic on ebay, in effect naming him as the image owner,
could be okay, but also could be a problem if you go to post it and he sees it,even though it is your pic,
not sure of the legalities, but maybe Rick would know

I don't think he would have a fight for that...its my truck and my pic doesn't matter if he puts his name on a pic...anyone can do that...and he didn't even block the plate that's how the original pic was....but anyways....28500? Dam its sold haha
Posted via Mobile Device

lol id be PISSED, i say you mess with him by reporting him to ebay lol.

i emailed him and asked him how he got my pic and why hes using it to sell bull bars? u can go to the westin website and get a pic of that...but he never replied back to me

report it to ebay, hes a new seller and bad rap isnt what he wants.

Just wrote the guy and we will see if he pulls the pic in 24 hours. I told him I was going to contact ebay & the police. lol

Copyright

This law is a little tricky. Under Copyright Infringement you are require to prove that you never offered that material up for Public Domain. Public Domain is "Information about a subject which is accessible to anyone". Under that Law there is also "Not subject to any copyright or patent restrictions." So, you would need to prove that he asked you if he could use it and you said no. Now also consider that I quit law in 1983 and started mechanical engineering, I'm most likely wrong. Or not. hard to say, but my advice is free.

Bob.

that is messed up

Just wrote the guy and we will see if he pulls the pic in 24 hours. I told him I was going to contact ebay & the police. lol

The police? :rolleyes:

Atleast you were smart enough to cover your license plate number otherwise he might not have given you that luxury. I know i would feel a bit flattered and yet violated that some other pimp is whoring my truck off online.

Back