What do you guys think of made in china parts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do you guys think of made in china parts?

What do you think about parts made in China? Let us know your opinion. Cheap bad good made of lead idk what have you tried on your explorer....im doing Chinese led lights.... On
71luewvRSZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
ly thing I like from China led lights. Some reason Chinese led s are super cheap and reliable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You get what you pay for. China has the some of the most advanced, reliable, and repeatable manufacturing.

You don’t get that for $10.

They can manufacture every level of quality. The grade they make, depends on whom they are making it for. A company/Gov order with certain specs to meet, or a product made for the open public market. Some items are meant to be disposable, some are meant to last. Just depends on the consumer target, or want.

I have seen some items on the high end of the spectrum, sell for a low end price. Reason being is they stopped making that item, in favor for a new version or re-tooling for a new item, and are just liquidating inventory. Ever notice how most of the products they make are never around for long after the sale? The entire world puts in manufacturing orders to China, because they can make mass amounts, in a timely fashion, cheaper than anyone. They make a few million of them, and move on to the next product that is in Que.

Without knowing anything about the manufacturer of origin, we can only speculate, on the products being sold to us. Here we have come to know who is good, and who is bad/cheap, because we know the brand name. We also know these products are highly marked up, for some of those brand names. We have become accustomed to warranties, and consumer protection here. With Ins, liability, marketing, and all the overhead associated with selling a product here, the prices are extremely jacked up over actual production costs. With Chinese products, a third party can assume liability, and jack the price up for profits. When you buy directly from the manufacturer, your price is minus all the mark ups, but you also lose some buyer protection. Returns, repairs, or customer service's are sacrificed. All that equals less overhead, lowering the costs. They are savoy too. They have the shipping thing down. They box items, and ship them on disposable metal shipping containers, on massive vessels. They buy back the used cardboard boxes, to make new boxers. Ever try to get a used box from Walmart for moving? You can't. Walmart has a deal with them to get back all the boxes. Containers are cheaper to make then ship back for another use. Some of the biggest ships in the world are Asian container ships.

When it comes to the LED's, I stick with what I know. I know a CREE bulb is a good one, so I stick with them, when all possible.

I have never tried to purchase auto parts and accessories that are made in China. My friend always said that they are cheap but definitely not worth it.

The majority of counterfeit items coming into the US come from China. I try to avoid Chinese products at all costs, although will admit I'm not very successful at it. It's not just China though. I give US companies first crack at my purchasing before foreign manufacturers. I have no problem paying a little more for US produced goods. I do have issue with paying 2-3 or more times for US produced goods.

Back