sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
I saw something similar to this on another forum. He was wondering if clothes made the man. What do you think? Obviously we are judged by others on our appearence and what we wear. But are you judged correctly?

I'll start:

I am in a business (motorsports) where t-shirts are traded like currency. If you don't have a tshirt with your company's logo on it to give out.. you're just not professional. With that said, I rarely buy tshirts anymore. Maybe six or so a year. Also, I am an immature kid for being 25 years old and my wardrobe consist mainly of jeans, tshirts, an occasionally collared shirt, and hooded sweatshirts. Oh, and I get tons of free hats! Now, I'm sure I'm perceived as your basic college student type with no job, who plays PS2 all day. Which is fine with me. I'd rather be under-estimated than over-estimated. :cool:

Kid Rock said:
Gotta pocket full of money but I'm dressed like a bum...

What about you?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

drivehard

Reaction score
City, State
lake stevens, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
i wore slippers to school today

just thought you should know

snocross1985

Explorer-less
Reaction score
City, State
Stratham, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
I sometimes wear t-shirt and jeans. But I have no problem with wearing nice cloths withs a pair of casual leather shoes, in fact I prefer to dress that way. You could say I dress kinda preppy. I did up until 3 years ago when I put on about 50 lbs. I finally lost the weight and am able to fit back into my preppy clothes. woohoo for me!

Iowa Hick

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomfield, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer
Jeans, T-shirt, free hat, cowboy boots, pretty much every day of my life since the second grade. If I do have to get dressed up its boots, jeans, western shirt, and cowboy hat.

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
i wear umbros and tshirts all the time basically now. i haven't bought a tshirt since my freshman year in college. i got so many free ones then that i don't know if i'll ever have to buy any. yep.. i still wear tshirts from 95 all the time.
i also wear those convertivle pants a lot in the winter (just the shorts half in the summer). i very rarely wear shoes when i'm in the house or working in the yard. only when i go to town. then it is always running shoes.

now to work my dress code is .. well.. exactly the same!

i do have a nice pair of pants and 2 nice shirts and 2 ties for when i have to get dressed up that once or twice a year for something. but of course i wear running shoes then too.

Joey P

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Strac
Black carhart carpenter pants with some type of low cut boots. T-shirt and a lot of times a button up type of shirt over that. For work, it's usually dockers with some nice shoes and a button up shirt.

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
I work in an engineering department, and our standard dress is a polo shirt, jeans and sneakers. When we have customers in, or we go out somewhere on business, it's corporate logo polo shirts, dockers or dress pants and dress shoes. Thank God they ditched the dress shirt and tie a couple years back :D !

explorer4x493

Reaction score
City, State
Edmond, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Limited 4x4 V8
I usually wear jeans, t-shirt or dress shirt (if i'm going "out"), and flip flops regardless.

I rarely ever wear shoes unless i'm going to be doing something active or if it's cold. Then i wear dress boots from AE or something. So ya, i'm basically a prep boy...

And i hate shaving...so it usually grows for days. :D

XplorerKid

Rolling on 37"s
Reaction score
City, State
Winter Haven Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Xplorer
uhhhh, t-shirts(usually Guy Harvey), uhhhh Shorts, and Flip Flops, im picky bout shoes so i dont have alot, i hate shoes that are to crowed(i dotn know what i really mean) but the only shoes i really like are liek Plain white.... But 95% of the time i wear flip flops....

stretch

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Waskom, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT V8 AWD
Usually just jeans and a t-shirt if I'm not at work. Dress code at work is very strict:combat boots polished to a high shine, black beret, and a starched and pressed camoflague uniform that says

U ncle
S am

A in't
R eleased
M e
Y et
:usa:

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport
Jake Howk said:
Jeans, T-shirt, free hat, cowboy boots, pretty much every day of my life since the second grade. If I do have to get dressed up its boots, jeans, western shirt, and cowboy hat.

yeup, if i'm wearing pants i'm usually in hiking boots or either pair of my Ariat's. khaki shorts and boat shoes also rock. polos, hawaiian shirts, t shirts, and my camo VT hat :)

sunday's... shirt, tie, khaki's and my boots shined up. hell, i went to a job interview with John Deere 2 days ago in boots... I got a free green John Deere hat thats becoming a part of my regular apparel

Critical_Level2

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Ridley Park, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLS R.I.P.
I wear t-shirts & jeans, mostly southpole and ecko. If it is cold, a hoodie. All my clothes are baggy, cause I like loose fitting clothes.

ions

Reaction score
City, State
Pasadena, MD / Annapolis , MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Explorer Sport Trac
Jeans (Mostly jeans from Old Navy or GAP), T-Shirts (Usually band shirts, T-shirt hell shirts, funny shirts), A.D.I.D.A.S shoes (Shellheads mostly), Flip-Flops in the summer and 20-eye Steel Toe Docs in the winter.

Nate1

All 4 wheels locked
Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville/Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 FZJ-80
Board shorts and tee shirts ;)

RiverRat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 V8 Ranger 4x4
Desert camo hat, dragons, cool water, quicksilver tee, khaki shorts, cotton boxer/briefs, and reef sandals.
:thumbsup:

Seems like the thing around here is to wear boardshorts everywhere. :rolleyes:

Iowa Hick

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomfield, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer
Hokie said:
hell, i went to a job interview with John Deere 2 days ago in boots... I got a free green John Deere hat thats becoming a part of my regular apparel

I did the same thing, gotta love the free John Deere hat

Redrig

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gettysburg,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
T-shirt and jeans for me. I dont care what anyone thinks of me, from what I wear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
T- shirt and jeans mostly, but now I'm starting to change a little now that I have to know the trends for my job. :rolleyes:

(this is where I throw in my companys name) Check out: Shoes.com :D