What do you wear? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

What do you wear?

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
Tshirts and jeans or board shorts most of the time with a hat. Also, for summer i usually do the time honored southwest Arkansas tradition of taking an old Tshirt and cutting the sleeves off. Winter, mostly the same although sometimes i wear the "long-sleeve Tshirt" (dont know what you'd call it).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

glfredrick

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
86-98 Ranger STX
I probably have the widest swing of clothing of anyone on the board...

My typical outfit is jeans and a polo or T, with shorts sandals and a T the summer dress of choice.

At "work" (Sunday's) I wear a suit and tie - and I have half a closet full of choices (I'm a pastor!).

For any time spent away from home I have to go the corporate kaki look. This includes the times I am at the seminary or meeting with people or other pastors, etc.

When I am out working on the car - I wear the grungiest stuff imaginable - all grease stained and ripped up - It's always funny to have people see me one day under the truck welding something up - looking like a thow back to savagery and the next day see me in suit and tie with demeanor to match.

bhults

Reaction score
City, State
Forked River, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer
It Varies

I'm pretty varied too:

At work= Jeans, Khaki's or Chino's w/ a Polo or some type of Collared shirt, no tie req'd, and either Timberland's or Black dress shoes.

Weekends= Mesh shorts, fitted T's, and sneaks/flipflops---depends on the weather.

Going Out= Depends on the situation. Corduroys/Jeans with a T or collared shirt, with a hooded sweatshirt (if it's cool out), and boots.

I like to look good under any circumstance, but I always dress for the occasion.

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
I can only name One or Two brands of clothing that I wear.

My wardrobe has changed quite dramatically over the years. I went from Muscle pants and hawiian shirt to slacks/ties had a minimum of 4 suits. work and play Now I am down to wearing painters pants so I have a place for my cell phone, a big dog T and Big Dog fleece zipper pullover. I own like 15 bid dog pullovers, 20 big dogT's, 4big dog sweats, 2 big dog PJ bottoms.

If I have to dress up only for company christmas parties, I have the slacks/shirt/cufflinks/tie/dress shoes/suits my wife likes to see me dress up but I am no longer comfortable in ties. I walk around looking like someone put too much starch in my pants.

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
well i don't fit in-

i wear polo, hugo boss, kenneth cole, some hollister/abercrombie, or else sporty stuff (usually kappa)

i don't claim that i'm above fashion i guess

rfuree11

Official Bikini Inspector
Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 WRX Limited
Jeans, cargo pants (khaki), the occasional polo shirt, t-shirts, hoodies...i'm a college student

Broccoli1

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '93 xlt
Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen...... I believe I have seen a few of the
"I don't care what people think" at a few weddings and other social functions I have attended. Please go out and get a nice black suit and a decent pair of shoes. You don't have to go all Queer Eye but you definitely need to up the attire because you make ALL of us look bad wearing tennis shoes, a brown belt (from like 1st grade) and some shirt from the discount table at K-Mart. Spend the money- you don't have to spend a lot either. You can take the jacket from the suit and wear it with jeans, the nice black shoes and a basic white shirt. (I have nothing against brown shoes but it is a lot easier to match black shoes.). You want nice casual... T-shirt, jeans and the black shoes BAM! you're going to be the one with the hottie! For gods sake men DON'T wear tennis shoes!!!The hotties NOTICE the shoes!!!!! You want some manly examples to look at? Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis.
Ok here are some samples:

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 154
  • mens suit2.jpg
    mens suit2.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 170
  • mens suit1.jpg
    mens suit1.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 158

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
At work ( on the boat ) I wear shorts and a Polo shirt, bot shoes and a straw hat.

Not sure that I own any long britches anymore.

rfuree11

Official Bikini Inspector
Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 WRX Limited
Broccoli1 said:
"I don't care what people think" at a few weddings and other social functions I have attended. Please go out and get a nice black suit and a decent pair of shoes. You don't have to go all Queer Eye but you definitely need to up the attire because you make ALL of us look bad wearing tennis shoes, a brown belt (from like 1st grade) and some shirt from the discount table at K-Mart. Spend the money- you don't have to spend a lot either. You can take the jacket from the suit and wear it with jeans, the nice black shoes and a basic white shirt. (I have nothing against brown shoes but it is a lot easier to match black shoes.). You want nice casual... T-shirt, jeans and the black shoes BAM! you're going to be the one with the hottie! For gods sake men DON'T wear tennis shoes!!!The hotties NOTICE the shoes!!!!! You want some manly examples to look at? Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis.
agreed...i bought a nice, well fitting suit and some nice shirts and they have gotten plenty of use...the chicks dig it ;)

Iowa Hick

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomfield, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer
I wore a suit once, but that was just cause I was one of the paul bearers ;)

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport
Broccoli1 said:
(I have nothing against brown shoes but it is a lot easier to match black shoes.)...The hotties NOTICE the shoes!!!!! You want some manly examples to look at? Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis.

I think Jake Howk will agree with me, my black ariat's go with darn near everything ;)

1916170.jpg

And for the times I wear a brown belt... my Ariat Roper Pro's

ImagePreview.aspx

EBInterceptor

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Ada, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
Novelty t's!!!!

Look at this guy, too cool for his own good! (And too drunk, good thing for sunglasses)

568218_14.jpg

Gotta love Bob Ross!!!

rino351

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Golden, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Mesh shorts, T-shirts, and basketball shoes.
I hate wearing pants.

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
Broccoli1 said:
"I don't care what people think" .... you make ALL of us look bad wearing tennis shoes, a brown belt (from like 1st grade) and some shirt from the discount table at K-Mart. .... you're going to be the one with the hottie! .... The hotties NOTICE the shoes!!!!!

Well for me I am one of those "I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOLE THINK!" If what I wear makes you look bad then you are too worried about what others think. I despise the kind of girls that look at whats on the outside. I could be wearing a $500 outfit and be an A-Hole, but they don't care. The best women I have met I was wearing extremely casual attire, and dazzle them with charm and conversation.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SUBSTANCE, ALL THE REST IS WINDOW DRESSING!!!!!!"

Nate1

All 4 wheels locked
Reaction score
City, State
Gainesville/Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 FZJ-80
Broccoli1 said:
Phht. I can go from X to Y to Z in no time flat.

Just because I really DONT care in most situations does not mean I cannot dress nicely when appropriate.

Attachments

• 186911988IEnlal_ph.jpg
    186911988IEnlal_ph.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 133
  • vagvent_chris_me.jpg
    vagvent_chris_me.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 187340686YbUGqw_ph.jpg
    187340686YbUGqw_ph.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 128

Joey P

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Strac
Yeah you look like a girl! ;) :p

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
For the record, only chicks in Cali care about what a guy wears. Chicks in the other 49 states care about income and penis size, and to a lesser degree what vehicle you drive. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Broccoli1

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '93 xlt
jesus christ some of you guys take shi* way too seriously :D