What does everyone do for work/career??? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

What does everyone do for work/career???

Heath

Elite Moderator Intoxicator
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
One of the things that I've learned with my current job is that clients love to have me buy things from them... Well I'm curious what everyone here does... We can help each other out when we need/want things just like we do with information... One example is I have a clien that is a diamond wholesaler and I was able to purchase Tara's engagement ring for half of its actual value... I got her something that I could never had afforded had I not had someone to hook me up with a good deal... Since this was my idea I'll go first...

I work for Sprint Communications and I do business to business sales. I sell everything from a basic long distance package to dedicated IP services, i.e. T-1, T-3 (DS3), DSL, ION, Dedicated Voice services... About the only thing I don't sell is wireless internet services and ATM... But if you need them I'll get you hooked up with someone...

Let me know if you have questions... My territory is the whole USA...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
I sell commercial printing paper. Vice President of Sales, and General Manager of the Publications and Fine Papers Division. I also run a small paper company we own in Ann Arbor, MI.

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Interceptor
Anybody in the market to buy or sell Real Estate?????? I'm at (773) 631-6626 at National First Choice Realty, (Chicago). ;)

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

lol

I'll never stop advertising.....lol.

lol
:cool:

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
I am the Lead Security Officer for the Santa Clara branch of a large software company(PeopleSoft). Give me a holler if you need vehicle code info...i am the law guru...trust me...i have been through it.....

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Levittown, NY (Long Island)
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
in the fall ill be starting my 2nd senior year :) at penn state university, majoring in civil engineering. after i graduate in may 2002 ill be a civil engineer...i think. until then im a full time student in the fall and spring, and in the summers i work for a software company that develops and sells computer aided facilities management software (i.e.: Archibus.)

sideswipe

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 EB
I am a Network Administrator and Desktop Support Technician working out of Stamford, CT and New York City. I also consult on the side, but for you guys, any info is FREE!

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
I'm a Senior Development Engineer for a company named Krautkramer. We design and manufacture equipment for non-destructive testing (ultrasonics and eddy current for those who know the industry). Our equipment is used to look for cracking, corrosion, material thickness, material properties, weld quality, etc. We do a lot of business with the airline industry, petrochemical industry and automotive industry.

95ExplorerLtd

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Hymera, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited 4x4
I occasionally do yard work on weekends.

:D

mrboyle

I Drive By Brail
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Montrose, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Bronco '80 Toy
I am a Passerger car and Light Truck Mechanic.
I am also fairly knoledgable when it comes to older vehicles (ie: '30's-'60's, Street Rods, Customs, Pickups and 4x4's). I am not an expert in any feild, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. If I don't know the answer, I may know someone who does.

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
CAR AUDIO

whatever you need for car audio, just email and i'll get the best price that i possibly can. for example, 34" Audiobahn AWT34 sells for about $5000, i'll get it to you for $3650.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

drmoore71

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
houston, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Z-71 suburban
i am an accountant.

**leenjen...can you get eclipse or alpine?

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
i design exhibits for trade shows. also do some retail environment and display design when the exhibits aren't flowing. if anyone needs an exhibit designed for anything...let me know! (why anyone would i don't know...but maybe your company does!)
heath...wanna hook me up with a t3 at my house! :D

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
*drmoore,
i can get anything Alpine subs, amps, dvd players, etc..
eclipse is a little harder because of limited availability, but if you have something in particular that you want, i'll do my best. :)

mdrut

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Inverness, Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 sport
Safety Manager..www.walbon.com Have about 80 drivers and trucks to keep up with..

sideswipe

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 EB
Can either of you guys who get good prices, get me a price on a Pioneer FH-P8800? Thanks.

drmoore71

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
houston, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Z-71 suburban
leenjen: eclipse 55430 head unit, alpine or sony 50 x 4 amp. thanks in advance!

Heath

Elite Moderator Intoxicator
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Rigby, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Excursion (THE BUS)
Originally posted by jasonb
i design exhibits for trade shows. also do some retail environment and display design when the exhibits aren't flowing. if anyone needs an exhibit designed for anything...let me know! (why anyone would i don't know...but maybe your company does!)
heath...wanna hook me up with a t3 at my house! :D

Sure... How long of a contract do you want to sign??? I can get you done for about 15K per month plus local loop on a 2 year contract... Mind you that is a 45 meg connection!!! 45 mbps... WOW thats fast..

Actually anyone that wants to become an ISP or wants to put a T-1 in their house or in a business community and have someone else pay for it I have a client that goes out and sets up wireless ISP towers for about 10-15K investement and then you resell your bandwidth for $50 a month for full 1.5 mbps speeds (shared resource) and you make back your money and get a T-1 to your house or small business and someone else pays for it (in the long run)...

ntrpriz

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gilbert, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Callsign
N0FJC
Im an acquisition target :)

I work for Tosco Refining Company as a Commercial Analyst. I actually pay for the Crude Oil on the west cost that we use in our refineries. Therese more to it than that, but thats the gist.

I cant get anyone any discounts, heck, I cant even get one. I would if I could though!

For the car audio gurus, Im looking for a new sub to go in the back of my truck where the factory sub is. The ones ive seen are the Q-Logics from crutchfield with a built in amp and are about $450.00.

Thanks

Steven

donkey boy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rome, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 WJ
You asked for it!

I'm establishing the US subsidiary for a Swiss company producing Custom-Shaped Wire made from the customer's choice aof alloy, from low carbon steel up the HSS, but also copper, bras, aluminum etc. as well as Precision Flat Wire, Roll Formed Sections and Bi-Metal Strips for saw-blade applications.

Where do you need that stuff? In automotive, robotics, power hand tools, appliances, fittings; wherever small precise metal parts in large quantities are needed. They can be long like in rails or tracks (for linear motion devices for example) or very short; you just slice the wire like a loaf of bread, and you get millions of parts with the exact same precision.

Want to know more? Log into www.biennaform.com or/and contact me; I'm happy to give you more info.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mikefox

Reaction score
City, State
Puyallup, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 4dr XLT 4X4 Sold
My official title at work is Desktop Systems Installer. I work for Boeing in Washington State. I mainly install S/W, computers and network the drops using UTP and/or fiber for the PCs to talk to the N/W. I also do trouble shooting on the S/W, PCs and network issues pertaining to the PCs themselves. The routers and backbone of the N/W is handled by other groups. I have been doing this part of my career at Boeing since '97. I am probably getting close to a change but don't know what yet. I will have been with Boeing for 10 yrs on 5/24/2001 (in 2 days).

As far as discounts go, I don't get any nor can I get them for others either. So if anybody wants a new 737 or other type of jet you will have to pay full price. Sorry.:p