What does this button do | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What does this button do

Bootless

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer 4x4
I have a 94 explorer 4x4 i have a switch under the rear washer button it is 3 position the right side says driving cant tell what the left side says w g at is it for?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could be for fog lights but cant say for sure without seeing it

could have been for driving lights and fog lights,
have to look under there see what is on the back of it,

I looked up that switch that aint it if i could figure out how to post a pic i would

No the rear defrost is 2 buttons above it how do i post a pic?

I only have the rear defrost, & rear wiper with fluid switches on the 94.
Push right for wiper, push again for fluids.

I used that bottom space for light switches, as I didn't have a factory switch there.

Link your pics from a picture site such as Photobucket for example.

ATTACH]

That is aftermarket. Looks like a toggle between FOG and DRIVING lights. Follow the wiring and find out.

Someone put that in aftermarket. You can see they whiffed at cutting the hole. Just because it says driving and fog doesn't mean thats what it does at all. The only way is to follow the wires. I would be willing to bet it used to be for fog lights (while pushing it right did nothing), and now it is just a switch with two cut off wires.

Someone put that in aftermarket. You can see they whiffed at cutting the hole. Just because it says driving and fog doesn't mean thats what it does at all. The only way is to follow the wires. I would be willing to bet it used to be for fog lights (while pushing it right did nothing), and now it is just a switch with two cut off wires.

Yep - X2!

Factory look

IMG_2053.jpg

I actually had an identical switch that came with a set of lights I got years ago. The lights were about 6 inches by 3 inches, and we're split in the middle. One side was a yellow fog light, and the other was a white driving light, with the switch turning one or the other on at a time.

The OE fog light switch is one of the most elusive parts on the first Gens.
I've yet to find one in a donor vehicle and Dorman doesn't make one for the Aftermarket.

The OE fog light switch is one of the most elusive parts on the first Gens.
I've yet to find one in a donor vehicle and Dorman doesn't make one for the Aftermarket.

That's true, If I find a limited, I hijack the fog light switch. I have two or used to as I haven't had my fog lights hooked up in over a year, so extra parts are in an unknown location. They're in my bumper but not hooked up.

Back