what does this mean?

R.J.

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
my 91 navajo was driving like it had a miss fire, the autoshop said no codes came up and that mybe we could try changing the spark plugs. so pulled a few out and the driver side closes to the fire wall didn't look to good to me. why is the bottum threads messed up?

102_2314.jpg

102_2313.jpg

102_2317.jpg

and i don't know if you can see it, my camera wasn't liking taking these pictures, but the tope of the plug looks beat up too

102_2315.jpg

:dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually the bottom of the thread doesnt look like its messed up -- looks more like anti-seize lubricant. A wire-wheel on a grinder or something should be able to get that off.

I would agree with the senator, anti-seize was my first thought. It looks like the anti-seize that comes in those packets at the counter in the auto stores. If the plugs came out easy that might be why.

the plug was pretty hard to get out, i meanit was in an easy place to get to, but turning it was hard

Just put new plugs in...What are they $2 bucks a piece:rolleyes:

Had a firing issue on my 96 explorer. Codes came up cylinder 3 and 6 misfire. Cleared them, never came back. Changed the plugs and wires, fixed it no misfire.

haha yeah of course im putting new plugs in, thts why i took them out in the first place. just thougth "hmm bottum of plug dameged. how did that happen, how do fix/stop it?"

Back