What does your Idle usually sit at? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What does your Idle usually sit at?

sorry that didnt help, i agree, check fuel pressure, if thats ok, id then check to see if the IAC is sticking,(ford notorious for crappy IAC valve sticking closed) if all pass, then check compression.

I wont have time to test this for a while, but when i do i'll go in that order, thanks.

Just a note, when shifting without the clutch, it seems to be really slow to return to around 1000 RPMs after i leave first to go to second. I cant get into second until its about 1000, but it drops EXTREMELY slow.

Different problem with third, when i go to put it into third my RPMs fluxuate rapidly between 600 - 1100 RPMs before i put it in...

Could this be anything that would help me diagnose?

first off, shifting without the clutch is a poor idea to begin with unless you are just pulling it out of gear.....and second off, when your putting into 3rd how rapidly does it fluctuate? granted also if your trying to put it into gear w/o the clutch, then the transmission will still be spining, basically driving the motor....

Back