• Register Today It's free!

What else to do?

javey

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
Well since I bought my car used a year ago, I have not done much to it. Lately, I have changed out both hubs, done all fluids including differential, all filters, and that's it. What else should I do? I just rolled over 150,000 and I want to do some "preventative" maintenance, before things go to hell. I'd rather do it before I have to. What are some other things I should change out?

J

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tune up items such as plugs, wires, cleaning MAF, fuel filter, pcv valve, and a can of sea foam cant hurt.

All of that is done except the fuel filter...isn't that in the gas tank on the exploders?

No its on the drivers side fraime rail, about in the middle of the truck.,

Got it changed, thanks! Another important thing to remember is in the future if you are searching for this, you WILL need a disconnect tool, and it IS hard to get it off of the fuel lines.

Javey

I reccommend changing the Fuel Injectors after 100k miles. Mileage and performance increase.

Got it changed, thanks! Another important thing to remember is in the future if you are searching for this, you WILL need a disconnect tool, and it IS hard to get it off of the fuel lines.

Javey

make sure to discharge fuel pressure by disconnecting the fuel cutoff switch while running, letting it sit overnight, or other means unless you want a fuel bath.

Back