What else to do? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What else to do?

Im kinda running out of performance mods to do to my truck (ithout getting a blower) I was just wondering what else I could do to get some more hp. So far I have

Full intake (open air filter, and pipe from maf to throttle body)
Bbk 66mm throttle body
Apten Chip
Bosch Platinum plugs
Magnecor wires
Cat back exhaust
55 shot of n2o

what else is there for me to do?

I dont want a new maf, headers, or superchager.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

um, you could get a new MAS, headers, and/or a supercharger. :p there's really not much left you can do without getting into custom stuff like head porting or a cam.

yup, pretty much maxed out there.

Well I guess im pretty s.o.l. My apten chip was set up to run more fuel when I spray the n2o. If I do some fuel upgrades (injectors, fuel pump) and get the chip reflashed would I be able to run a bigger shot of n2o.

I would love to get a new maf but the stock one flow's so freely as it is that I dont think it would make that much of a difference.

Headers are a little pricey I think and look like they would be a pita to install.

Supercharger- my girl would get pissed off if I spend 3g's on my truck and I would end up missing. lol

If you get a chip set up with retarded timing you could run a bigger shot, maybe 70-80. You wouldn't need larger injectors, just a larger pump.

Don't need a new MAS.

Don't need headers.

And the s/c is pricey.

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things.

Well alec thanks to your superior knowledge, when I was ordering my chip from brian I basically told him to set it up for the largest shot I can run. He said after he does that than I will be close to maxing out my injectors. I am going to the dyno tomorrow to find out how much nos I can run without going lean.

I just want to go faster. I also did alot of weight reduction on my truck (spare tire, back seat, light rims, smaller tires, race seats up front) im going to the track on the 27th to find out what this pig can run. :D

Originally posted by rydinhigh
I just want to go faster. I also did alot of weight reduction on my truck (spare tire, back seat, light rims, smaller tires, race seats up front)

Ahhhhhh, I remember those times where all that mattered was going fast. Forget the seat, spare, stereo, antenna, carpet,... yes, all in the name of speed. :)

Back