Votes: 54 14.4%
  • 5.0L V8

Votes: 187 50.0%
  • Diesel (Dreaming)

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 46 12.3%

• Total voters
hmm what engine would i like... 5.7 Liter Hemi.....
345 Hp 375 ft lbs of torque...

oh thats right I already have one... hahaa:p :D :D :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

.345 mpg at WOT... ohh thats right ;) :p

I dream of a 7.3L Powerstroke turbodiesel with a nice banks system all up in it. :D I can always dream, right?

actually the funny thing is that i get 13mpg when i beat on it around town and about 15 or so on the highway doin like 75.. very good gas mileage for a 3/4 ton truck with 3.88 gears on it. I know a guy with 3.73s and he gets 15 around town and 17 on the highway in his 3/4 ton hemi

Nice Big 'Ole straight six turbodiesel. Nice 5inch exhaust coming out the back with a 6-speed. An of course being mistaken for semi coming down the road :D

what i would like is fords new 3v v-10, i know good luck

id have to say the diesel. explorers are heavy vehicles and need lots of low end grunt (which diesels excell in), plus the extra gas milage would be nice. plus, i like the clatter of the diesel at idle, and hellish sound they emit at WOT when that trubo is spooled up and the exhaust screams throw straight pipes. since im dreaming here, through in a jakes brake (those kick a$$ with straight pipes) :cool:

A nice 8.0 V8 diesel with twin turbos going through a six speed manual. With a proper centre diff with three lockers would be good. Fit a snorkle as well and away we go.

Is there a choice for an engine that doesn't break and gives me all the power I want on demand? Oh, and never needs maintainance or tune-ups?

a 500 cubic inch caddy :D:D

Here is a quote from Al Bekter over at the MTS website:

It's large displacement "the largest regular production 8 cylinder ever made" lighter weight, greater torque and rugged reliability make it the ideal Engine. It has more torque in its stock form than the legendary 454. With a aluminum intake manifold it weighs only about 45 lbs more than a chevy 350 small block and approx. the same size. It can be built to produce 500 hp on pump gas at a reasonable cost. For 600 hp or less I can build it cheaper than any "other" brand of engine. Last but by no means least is the sneak factor. Never mind you're packing up to 600 hp or close to 700 ft lb. of torque in your 540 cid stroker Cad motor. It's still a Cadillac and everyone knows they're boat anchors........ You just won't be a popular guy with a popular engine under his hood

With this kind of horsepower and torque available from pump gas, how can you go wrong? Need I say more??

That Chevy 572 CI motor is pretty bad ass looking. I would also like to have a older hemi...mmmmmmm.

two words: PowerStroke BABY!! :usa:

351W

i would not mind seeing an explorer with a 351 W in it, that would be hott! i have no clue if it would fit though, if not i would go for the 5.0 cobra motor out of a 94 0r 95 (sometme before the 4.8L mess)

Re: Toy.. what

Originally posted by BExplorer
For my engine I would like the 4.0 block converted to diesel, I feel in a truck you need torque, not 1/4 miles performance. Then again everyone must do what they like...

I agree with you on the diesel. But not a 4.0 V-6. For me a 5.0 V-8

chevy made a 350 converted diesel years ago. i can tell you now, you DONT WANT a converted diesel. your looking at about 45hp and 130lb. ft. of torque.

Originally posted by james t
chevy made a 350 converted diesel years ago. i can tell you now, you DONT WANT a converted diesel. your looking at about 45hp and 130lb. ft. of torque.

You're right! I don't want a converted diesel. I would want one that is stock.

Originally posted by matey
5.0 or 5.9 would be nice but its not an option here and why you would want a smelly no go smoky diesel is beyond me

Because a diesel engine has more power than a gas engine. That's why mate

I would want the new 5.4L 3 valve engine. 300 hp stock;)

The new all aluminum 5.0. Over 400 hp. Especially since I already have a 5.0.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good old 302 for me.

I plan on getting a 302 from a 1999-2000 Ex and dropping it into my sport. THen after I get tired of the increased performance (about a week or so), I'll pull it back out and make it a 347 stroker. Then I'll bolt on a supercharger, and then for the hell of it I'll pipe in some laughing gas. About 125 hp worth. That should be enough for a while....

Back