Votes: 54 14.4%
  • 5.0L V8

Votes: 187 50.0%
  • Diesel (Dreaming)

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 46 12.3%

• Total voters
Would be nice to have diesel engine in the Explorer. Maybe we should put up a petition and send to Ford Company and show them we want Explorer powered with Diesel Fuel. A 6.0 Liter Powerstroke would be nice and POWERFUL.

Ford discontinued making 7.3L Diesel now if I heard right ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by 97LTD
A 6.0 Liter Powerstroke would be nice and POWERFUL.

Wiyld it even fit? It would probably be easier to get a 5.4 L in there, and that's really hard to do.

If i had the money/time/resources and other stuff nessesary i think i would try to put a 318 dodge magnum in my x. whenever i drive my dads dakota i always have fun:D

I do think tho it would be awfully awsome to put the 292 jimmy from my 53 in my x. From the articles i have read on these engines it would be asome to try and get 1000 hp out of that old thing!!! What am I talking about?? Ask

97LTD said:
Would be nice to have diesel engine in the Explorer. Maybe we should put up a petition and send to Ford Company and show them we want Explorer powered with Diesel Fuel. A 6.0 Liter Powerstroke would be nice and POWERFUL.

Ford discontinued making 7.3L Diesel now if I heard right ...

a diesel explorer is in the works. They already have them overseas. They can;t use the same engine over here though, as the US has very tight restrictions on diesels coming into effect in 2007. the automakers are striving to meet those restrictions and bring us some fuel efficient, powerful diesel cars and trucks. A major holdback for the automakers is the poor fuel quality in the united states. Our diesel fuel ove rhere is very dirty and causes more pollution then running the cleaner diesel fuel found overseas. if our fuel were cleaner it would be a lot easier for the automakers to meet the new restrictions, but it would be expensive to convert the refineries to make the cleaner fuel, and no one is willing to pay for that. Second holdback is the automakers don;t want to throw tons of money to creating a diesel for it's american cars and trucks if the sales will not be high enough. They saw the popularity of the diesels declie in the 80's and they don;t think the average person would buy a diesel these days....because of the negative thoguths associated with diesel...you know people say diesels are dirty, and loud, and smell bad....and large semi-trucks puffing out a bellow of black smoke is not the average diesel...those trucks that blow out black smoke have something wrong internally and are getting too rich of a fuel mixture. The sound of the diesel has dramatically changed over the past few years. Common-rain injection technology has allowed for amuch quieter diesel engine...producing just about the same amount of noise as a gas powered model. That old, sulfer smell from the previous generation diesel is also a thing of the past. The new diesels that will be introduced hardly emit a smell at all, It actually has less odor then a gas model would.

With all this new technology comes increased cost, but in th elong run diesles are the best way to go..last longer, higher gas milage, and very powerful...so if you buy your next explorer in 2007 or 2008, opt for that diesel and you'll be happy!

Well, since a lot of the choices aren't realistic because of block size, I think I'd go for the 4.6 DOHC motor that's in my Mach 1, or the supercharged version from the Cobra. GOBS of horsepower and torque in a fairly small package!! :burnout: :smoke:

I had my choice I'd get Ford's 6.8L V-10!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like 450 ft-lbs torque and 350+ horses in it's stock version! Than if you add all the performance parts, port and polsihed heads, cams, twin turbo, etc... Just think of number you would be attaining, well over 1200 HP, and enough torque to literally "pull a barn down" !! The only problem would be figuring out how to fit 10 cylinders in vehicle that's only supposed to have six!

I know the 6.8 is an awesome engine because our church has a Ford 15 passanger equipped with the 6.8. We have put 12 people in it and then attatched a 4000 lb trailer and still the acceleration is freakin insane pulling away from toll booth! It will still firmly plant each and every one of the 12 passengers in his/her seat. While driving it, our youth pastor (he's a "bit" of a speeder!) has raced everything from rice burners to pt-cruisers to toyota pick-ups to granny cars and nearly always won!
-And thats stock!!!!

I got the engine I wanted. I just had to trade the X in to get it.

583987_17_full.jpg

yosh18981898 said:
You traded your X for a bonny? :eek:

Back in February. Went from 11 mpg with the X to 25 mpg with the bonnie. Had to, I was spending $300 a month on gas. When Kerry is elected and gas goes down, I'll get another X. It just wasn't economical anymore.

Anyone seen the new V10 TDI coming out for the Touareg?

According to VW, it's a 5.0L, 310 HP, 553 ft-lb torque!
And it's supposed to get 17 mpg city / 23 hwy. :eek: :D

Too bad they only seem to offer it on the high end models.
Anyone have an extra $58K sitting around that I can have?

kfkodiak said:
Anyone seen the new V10 TDI coming out for the Touareg?

According to VW, it's a 5.0L, 310 HP, 553 ft-lb torque!
And it's supposed to get 17 mpg city / 23 hwy. :eek: :D

Too bad they only seem to offer it on the high end models.
Anyone have an extra $58K sitting around that I can have?

i would've expected better fuel economy than that from a 5L diesel

I voted other because I didn't see a place for a BOSS 429. :)

W/gas prices the way they are I want a SOHC w/2wd.

Bill Kemp said:
W/gas prices the way they are I want a SOHC w/2wd.
I'll trade with ya, bill!

I would like a diesel!!! Lowend torque and 40mpg!!!!!

other

i voted other because i would rather have the most powerful engine. 426 hemi 2 4barrels. i picked that engine because will some mods it can crush any ford or chevy motor with nos.!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

01EB5.0 said:
Wwaaaaaaiiiiiiittttttt a minute here......that logo on the engine doesn;t look like a ford logo........hmmm...looks more like a 'yota logo to me...maybe it's just the angle or something....:nono:

4.0L pride! (avatar)

Back