• Register Today It's free!

What happened to the incentives?

Texas_Ex

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mounty, '12 Ex LTD
Is there something wrong with Ford's website? I haven't been able to see the current incentives for the Ex since last Friday...

http://www.ford.com/suvs/explorer/i...1&ModelValue=Explorer&SupplierCode=&zip=75201

I believe the cash incentive is still $500, but why would this not be showing up on their website?

Also, does anyone know for a FACT if Ford is still accepting orders on 4WD Ex's? I'm debating ordering a new Ex now or just waiting until MY 2012. I'd like to have my new truck by September though and don't know if the 2012's will be built by then...thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Incentives - Rant On!

From the sounds of it, Ford is pulling back due to out selling production.

We just picked up our Explorer on Tuesday. It's been on order for almost 13 weeks. I received the mailed out cash coupon for $750. I called upon receipt to verify the dealer would honor it on top of the rebates that were in place at time of order. Was told yep. Sure. Those don't go out to just everyone. You were fortunate. We go to purchase and our dealer would not honor the $750. In the intrerest of full disclosure, they did honor the $2500 that was offered 13 weeks ago. Was given the choice. Take the 750 coupon with the currently offered 500 or the original 2500. Wasn't much of a decision, but was regrettable due to being misled on what they would or wouldn't honor.

Expect Ford to scale back the incentives. They're just that- incentives. If they are outselling production, they're not going to offer them. Or, they will at least scale the amount back to the sweet spot in dollars where people will still buy.

I don't know if they've ever been outselling production. Most of the short supply can be attributed to the quality hold and the delays with the rail system.

If they ever were outselling production, I don't think they are now as lots are beginning to fill up. With gas prices the way they are, they're going to have to up the incentives eventually as people aren't going to buy SUV's like the Explorer. While it gets good gas mileage for it's class, it's not enough to drive sales. Also, the reason these things were selling so fast in the first place is because the incentives were MUCH better!

The 4 dealers in the DFW area closest to me have the following inventories of Explorers: 28, 24, 16, 14. If Ford was still outselling production I don't think we'd be seeing these sorts of numbers. I've done searches for other zip codes and found similar results.

I remember a few months ago when only 1-2 Ex's were showing up in the online inventories, that's not the case anymore.

My dealer was able to honor all of the programs and incentives I found and received. I verified each one each time I found them because I knew some were mutually exclusive.

I called Ford yesterday to ask how to verify my X-plan pricing as all of the "invoices" I could find seemed lower than what I think I had received. I told the guy I was still happy as I had received $3,750 in incentives. That was over the past 14 weeks. He said that was the best that he had heard of.

Mine included the loyalty discount, promotional cash, brochure discount and a local auto show discount.:thumbsup:

The Explorer is still selling pretty hot in my area. I visited the dealer today and my salesman said there are still people coming in to see if any Limiteds were on the lot.

The Explorer is still selling pretty hot in my area. I visited the dealer today and my salesman said there are still people coming in to see if any Limiteds were on the lot.

seems to be selling extremely well here as well. When I picked up my Explorer last thursday my salesman said "HE personally" had orders for 15 more customers that were waiting. He said other salesmen had orders as well. That's pretty huge to me. Plus they had 4 X's on the lot. None with the features I wanted though.

I don't know if they've ever been outselling production. Most of the short supply can be attributed to the quality hold and the delays with the rail system.

If they ever were outselling production, I don't think they are now as lots are beginning to fill up. With gas prices the way they are, they're going to have to up the incentives eventually as people aren't going to buy SUV's like the Explorer. While it gets good gas mileage for it's class, it's not enough to drive sales. Also, the reason these things were selling so fast in the first place is because the incentives were MUCH better!

The 4 dealers in the DFW area closest to me have the following inventories of Explorers: 28, 24, 16, 14. If Ford was still outselling production I don't think we'd be seeing these sorts of numbers. I've done searches for other zip codes and found similar results.

I remember a few months ago when only 1-2 Ex's were showing up in the online inventories, that's not the case anymore.

Basic auto business is to lower incentives, cash and financing, when sales are strong. That is exactly what ford is doing, so sales are strong. In the SF Bay area there are very few cars on any of the dealers lots. This car is selling much better than ford expected, I'm glad I loaded up on ford stock over the past three years.

Back