• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

What happened to the Sport?

DasFrem

Elite Poseur
Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2 '97 sports
I've been looking all over www.fordvehicles.com looking for any info on the 2004 Explorer Sport, but have found nothing. Did I miss the fact that they stopped producing them or something?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

DasFrem

Elite Poseur
Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2 '97 sports
Huh, I guess that news just snuck under the radar for me. I'll have to start calling mine "collector items" now.

IAmTodd

4x Explorer Veteran
Reaction score
City, State
Johnstown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Jeep
Originally posted by DasFrem
Huh, I guess that news just snuck under the radar for me. I'll have to start calling mine "collector items" now.

Use it to your advantage. :cool: Only problem it prolly won't increase the price :rolleyes:

X~FACTOR

Name is Ray
Reaction score
City, State
Valley Stream, Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
Hey, you never know. Ford might come up with the new redesign of the 2 door sport, based on the current 3rd generation 4-dr.

DasFrem

Elite Poseur
Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2 '97 sports
Yeah, but that would suck, IRS? No thanks. Well that is unless I was lowering it or something.

Although its funny to bring up, like how long will it be until 3rd Gen owners start SASing their rears?

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
i htink the people that buy the 3rd gen do it for the ride, not to modify it..... that framerail is huge in the rear...... the only way around that is a minimum like 8" lift with an SAS and whole new suspension geometry... and by that point, its a frame and body with another truck underneath it.....