What happened to the Sport?

DasFrem

Elite Poseur
Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2 '97 sports
I've been looking all over www.fordvehicles.com looking for any info on the 2004 Explorer Sport, but have found nothing. Did I miss the fact that they stopped producing them or something?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Huh, I guess that news just snuck under the radar for me. I'll have to start calling mine "collector items" now.

Originally posted by DasFrem
Huh, I guess that news just snuck under the radar for me. I'll have to start calling mine "collector items" now.

Use it to your advantage. :cool: Only problem it prolly won't increase the price :rolleyes:

Hey, you never know. Ford might come up with the new redesign of the 2 door sport, based on the current 3rd generation 4-dr.

Yeah, but that would suck, IRS? No thanks. Well that is unless I was lowering it or something.

Although its funny to bring up, like how long will it be until 3rd Gen owners start SASing their rears?

i htink the people that buy the 3rd gen do it for the ride, not to modify it..... that framerail is huge in the rear...... the only way around that is a minimum like 8" lift with an SAS and whole new suspension geometry... and by that point, its a frame and body with another truck underneath it.....

Back