What is behind the water catch tray under windshield cowl | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is behind the water catch tray under windshield cowl

skygeezer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer
Hi
I was wondering if anyone has a part breakdown which would show what's behind the plastic tray under the windshield cowl. With all this rain we have had, I see some of the rain from the holes in the cowl and around the windshield wiper posts go down onto the plastic tray but some goes behind the plastic tray. It looks like the tray is supposed to catch rain water and direct it through 3 drain holes, but I can see some of the water actually goes behind it. Are there sensitive electronics back there or are there more drains in case some of the water makes it behind this plastic tray?. I just don't want to take the chance of water making its way onto the floor boards under the carpet from the back of the engine compartment without me knowing it is happening.. Any pictures showing what's between the engine compartment and the cabin below the windshield cowl may help.
Thanks

Try checking out www.fordparts.com

Peter

Thanks Peter,
I'll take a look.
It looks like there is open space between the back of the engine compartment and the front of the cabin. I'm just curious what's between there that they need to have a water catch to limit water from getting back there since it doesn't look like what's below the windshield cowl will keep all water out.. Anyone else know whether this area has to be completely sealed?

Back