• Register Today It's free!

What is my Explorer worth to you?

Josh Z

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT
Alright, I have a 2001 Ford Explorer, I love this truck, its my pride and joy. I'm just trying to get an idea of what it is worth if i have to sell it soon because of the low MPG's :( I get 11 city.. Its really bad. My explorer is a 2001 XLT AWD. It has 141k on it. Brand new brakes (besides rotors). And pretty fairly new tires. heres a bunch of pictures.. Let me know what YOU would pay for it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't see the pics, but I am going with $3200.00

Twelve pack of Coors and my Honda lawnmower?

Sadly, that's close to reality. A top of the line Honda mower costs around $1200 -- which is about the same as the trade-in value of my pristine 1998 Limited. You will spend more on a brake job + new set of tires for the econobox that you want to replace your 2001 with.

Twelve pack of Coors and my Honda lawnmower?

Crap, sorry.. Im new to this site, and i haven figured out how to post pictures on the forums yet.. Can anyone explain how? I took a bunch but dont know how to post them.

I can't see pics, but I'm going with $2k max. You have a serious issue with the vehicle too since you're only getting 11mpg.

Lower mileage, and in great overall shape, I can see it going for $3k.

FWIW I got $3000 last February in trade in for my '96 LIMITED V8 AWD. It had 100K on it and a "few" extras.

The price can be very market dependent. Ive seen people say that explorers like yours go for 2000 in their areas. Around the Pittsburgh area that is about a 3000 car(without having seen the pictures). I say check around on Craigslist and size up the competitions prices. You could also run an ad on Craigslist to see if you can find a trade on a smaller car. Most people don't want to move up to an SUV, but being up north like you are I'd imagine there are people looking to move into a 4x4.

Agreed. $1,200-$2,500 here

ok, i was hoping to get 3000 for it.. i've uploaded all my photos to photobucket.. Now what?

XLTV8scratch.jpg

Got it, tell me what you think i could get for it after seeing the pics..
sunroof.jpg
sideview.jpg

scratc.jpg
rust.jpg
roofrack.jpg
rearwindsheilddamage.jpg
rearmusiccontrol.jpg
re-upholsteredarmrest.jpg
(re-upholstered the armrest myself.. Looks bad.. I know.
photo4.jpg

driverpowerseat.jpg

Power driver seat.

DriverLEDs.jpg

LED's in front seat. if you don't like them, keep it to yourself.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back