• Register Today It's free!

What is my model??

tay14145

Reaction score
City, State
Houston
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
I have a 1998 ford explorer sport, and I'm a little confused. My 98 has a tan basic console with two cupholders,(as opposed to the one that has many more compartments) and a tape player. I have seen many other 1998 explorer sports online that came with cd players. I am confused as to why my car seems to have many downgrades than what a stock 1998 ford explorer sport has???????? I cannot even find any explorers online that have an interior like mine. I would just like to know the actual model of my car because it doesn't look like any other 98 explorer sports i have seen.. Please help me :(

Edit: In other words, what is the difference between the two?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

according to Kelly Blue Book, the '98 Sport came in the following trim levels. there's usually an emblem on the lift-gate telling you which you have. failing that, there's a Ford site where you enter your VIN # and it will tell you how your truck was born. i'll find the link and post it for you.

Eddie Bauer
Limited
Sport
XL
XLT

Ford site link: http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do and click on "Vehicle"

Maybe you have a unique Sport? :D

according to Kelly Blue Book, the '98 Sport came in the following trim levels. there's usually an emblem on the lift-gate telling you which you have. failing that, there's a Ford site where you enter your VIN # and it will tell you how your truck was born. i'll find the link and post it for you.

Eddie Bauer
Limited
Sport
XL
XLT

Ford site link: http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do and click on "Vehicle"

Morning Koda. I went to this site, plugged in my VIN. Result: no info available. Maybe EX (96) is too old?

Morning Koda. I went to this site, plugged in my VIN. Result: no info available. Maybe EX (96) is too old?

Morning Deweyville, Huh, I did know that it had a cut-off year...

Get the interior code from the door jamb label someone can look it up in their shop manual.

Bill

Actually, the sport is the trim level.

There is no "XL Sport" or "Limited Sport", it's just Sport.
How it works is some came with options.
The long console and overhead console were optional.

They were also not offered some things.
If you want a long console, you can put one in, as well as the overhead console.

The stock sport that you have just didn't have any options added to it.

I know how you feel, I have an XL without anything. Added stuff myself. :D

thanks for all the responses, I guess my next step is to install a longer console lol. Might be some trouble trying to locate one though, anyone know of a site selling them?

Back