What is this connector/connected to? 2004 4.6L V8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is this connector/connected to? 2004 4.6L V8

pet575

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Limited
I removed my intake over the weekend to fix a coolant leak and when I started it back up after reassembly I got a CEL and the engine is running like garbage. When I went to double check everything under the hood I found this not connected:

image_2.jpg

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

Anybody know what this is/where it should be connected? Going to get the code(s) read tomorrow evening to try to help figure it out.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. That was where I had it connected and it was running like garbage so I assumed I had it in in the wrong place and took it off. Looks like I've got some work to do to figure out what else I screwed up!! :)

Got the codes pulled. They all relate to the injectors in cylinders 1 and 5. Misfire and running lean. I figure I either didn't get the injectors seated all the way when I reinstalled the fuel rail or the broken plastic on the electrical connectors is preventing the plugs from engaging all the way.

Finally got a chance to dig back into this problem over the weekend. Problem was the broken electrical connectors. They were not plugged in all the way or had loosened shortly after I connected them and started the engine. Got them fully seated and zip-tied securely into place and everything is operating completely normally since then.

Hope this helps someone else down the line!

Fragile little *******s aren't they? Every time I unplug my coils I break one of the connector locks. Now have 3 zip tied to the coil :-/

Back